GART: Games and Applications using RayTracing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bright Memory Adds Ray-Traced Reflections and NVIDIA DLSS
January 31, 2020
Great games don’t have to come from large studios, just ask FYQD-studio, the one-man development team behind Bright Memory. Released into Early Access last year, this fast-paced title places you in the role of Shelia, an agent that’s trying to save the world from a terrorist organization while battling an army of reanimated creatures. Now, Bright Memory has updated its Early Access release with ray-traced reflections and NVIDIA DLSS.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/bright-memory-adds-ray-tracing-and-nvidia-dlss/

Last edited:
Just so you know how your post looks with the dark theme
W9RMXzg.jpg

Just so you know how your post looks with the dark theme
Weird! I just copy/paste from link ... I'll try changing font.

Edit: What worked was copying/pasting into Notepad then pasting here. This issue doesn't happen with the Beyond3D theme.

Last edited:
Weird! I just copy/paste from link ... I'll try changing font.

Edit: What worked was copying/pasting into Notepad then pasting here. This issue doesn't happen with the Beyond3D theme.
It's XenForo bug(?), where it sometimes includes formatting on paste

I dont know if its the forum or the opera browser but if i copy something and then right click where i'm typing my reply i get a menu that has the options paste and paste as plain text
OiX5VaJ.jpg

Weird! I just copy/paste from link
Which includes the rich text metadata so when you paste it, you're also pasting in the color dictated from the source website.
This issue doesn't happen with the Beyond3D theme.
Yes, it does. It's just you don't notice it because the text is dark from the source website.
It's XenForo bug(?), where it sometimes includes formatting on paste
It's not a XenForo bug, it's a feature you want as copy/pasting rich text and formatting is what you want. It just needs to be cleaned to ensure compatibility on both themes.

It's not a XenForo bug, it's a feature you want as copy/pasting rich text and formatting is what you want. It just needs to be cleaned to ensure compatibility on both themes.
It doesnt' seem to work perfectly though, since for example if I copy part of my message and paste it to another part, it sometimes does include the formatting (making it hard to see on light themes since I use dark theme where the editor text is light), sometimes it doesn't.

Question about dlss :
Ive read dlss has to be trained to work with a game, who does that training nvidia or the game dev

Question about dlss :
Ive read dlss has to be trained to work with a game, who does that training nvidia or the game dev
I believe most is current done by Nvidia, though game dev's could do it in-house with appropriate hardware and training. Not sure if the process changed due to new developments, but think the studios still provide the screenshots to be trained.

I don't believe Game Devs have the ability of updating the package(s) inside the Nvidia Drivers which provide DLSS. So even if Game Devs could do it, the results would need to be shipped back to Nvidia anyways.

I believe most is current done by Nvidia
It seems strange that nvidia would go to the trouble of training rtx cards to work with an early access game since its going to change massively between now and release time and they are going to have to do the training all over again.
someone posted something about using a dll file from control in wolfenstein I forget why exactly but i'm thinking maybe this file contains the dlss data and the driver reads that file. If thats the case then devs wouldnt need access to the drivers

Edit: Found the post
Success!

I replaced Control's nvngx_dlss.dll file with Youngblood's file. Used 720p base, 1080p output resolution.

Youngblood's nvngx_dlss.dll
imgur a2n7KIu

Original nvngx_dlss.dll
imgur xTfIaed

Last edited:
I don't believe Game Devs have the ability of updating the package(s) inside the Nvidia Drivers which provide DLSS. So even if Game Devs could do it, the results would need to be shipped back to Nvidia anyways.
Assuming game devs did the training in-house, wouldn't the update to be included in the drivers just be an algorithm? Nvidia likely has some process for studios submitting driver fixes and/or DLSS updates.

It seems strange that nvidia would go to the trouble of training rtx cards to work with an early access game since its going to change massively between now and release time and they are going to have to do the training all over again.
Since "Bright Memory" is an indie "one man shop", I wouldn't be surprised if he is involved with most of the training himself.

I highly doubt Nvidia is providing their training software and systems to anyone outside of Nvidia. There's no indication that training is done outside of Nvidia.

There is an explanation of dlss here :
https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/news/nvidia-dlss-your-questions-answered/
The training is done by nv on a supercomputer as to why they concentrated on a 1 man indie game i'm guessing they wanted more exposure for dlss and bright is releasing something now
as opposed to the big aaa games which could be months away.
also dlss has to be targeted at different resolutions and since i play at resolutions that arent the most popular (1680x1050 + 5292x1050) I'm going to be out of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back