Gamescom 2013, general thread

Rangers

Legend
well shifty likes threads so...

anyways i guess a lot of stuff is happening now judging by twitter. looks like the titanfall lines are long, and note the giant mech they built on the right...

BSLV4zfIIAAxMdq.jpg

better pic of the mech, looks like they spared no marketing expense here https://twitter.com/radioaktiv/status/370092406143590400/photo/1

and first chance of the public to play titanfall https://twitter.com/DKo5/status/370090986627948544/photo/1

Interesting, for some reason I was thinking TF would be on X1 machines - or maybe it is in the MS booth? Love pictures like this!

So they're all playing Titanfall on PC's? I thought MS said they had over a hundred XB1's at Gamescon, but they didn't have any spare to run Titanfall on... What are they playing at!?

So they're all playing Titanfall on PC's? I thought MS said they had over a hundred XB1's at Gamescon, but they didn't have any spare to run Titanfall on... What are they playing at!?

yeah i dunno. but it looks like they might have at least 50 pc's on titanfall alone, so that'd use up your hundred xbox's pretty fast.

what theyre playing, no idea. i'd guess forza 5 for one? i'm not even really sure whats playable.

Is Titanfall looking better on PC, or are we still looking at un-animated vegetation?

All in the Microsoft booth I would assume, as we were lead to believe that Microsoft would have the most floor space of any of the companies in attendance.

It'd be interesting to see if Titanfall is playable on an Xbox One in the Microsoft area or not.

Regards,
SB

AC4 was said to be on PC in the Ubi booth even though they claimed it was PS4 version (according to a neogaffer he could trace the controller wire to the PC).

Not surprising. I would expect that most 3rd party publishers would have a very limited allocation of final console hardware (if any) and thus most will be demoing PS4/Xbox One games on PC at "console settings" with the controller of choice depending on whether the title is more closely partnered with Sony or Microsoft.

Regards,
SB

One Dev kit looks like a PC. Since when does the DS4 have Windows drivers, the DS3 doesn't even have them.

Really? There may not be an officially released Sony driver for it. But there are both 32 bit and 64 bit drivers available for the DS3 on Windows. And they are even digitally signed, so are hardly hacks.

Considering a lot of 3rd party developers are doing most of their development on the Windows platform and then porting the game to consoles, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Sony has provided them with a Windows driver for the DS4.

Regards,
SB

Really? There may not be an officially released Sony driver for it. But there are both 32 bit and 64 bit drivers available for the DS3 on Windows. And they are even digitally signed, so are hardly hacks.

Considering a lot of 3rd party developers are doing most of their development on the Windows platform and then porting the game to consoles, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Sony has provided them with a Windows driver for the DS4.

Regards,
SB

Double post

Last edited by a moderator:

Regards,
SB

Those motionjoy drivers are a joke. So where did these DS4 drivers come from?

I hope we get a date anyway. Kinda not expecting it though.

I'd say a release date being announced is a certainty. Everything not known about the Xbox One has caused nothing but poor speculation for Microsoft. Unknowns are bad. Consumers don't like unknowns.

I'd say a release date being announced is a certainty. Everything not known about the Xbox One has caused nothing but poor speculation for Microsoft. Unknowns are bad. Consumers don't like unknowns.

It was posted here 360 release date wasn't announced until Sep 15 by comparison, so I dont know.

And also some gaffer said MS likes to create attention with every little thing so they'll definitely make the release date announcement it's own separate non gamescom thing.

All that said I'd think there's a decent chance.

It's nov. for sure, I even noticed it says that right on the Xbox One preorder page at the Microsoft store. So I guess honestly it's not that big a deal, we've got it narrowed down to a 4 week stretch max.

I'd hope for say, Nov 7 as opposed to say, Nov 29, but that's about it...

Gamescom still going strong
Gustav Halling ‏@gustavhalling 7m

Its about to begin, first public day at #Gamescom #BF4 http://instagram.com/p/dToV5GOFRn/

Ryan McCaffrey ‏@DMC_Ryan 9m

I'm with @Bungie and I'm about to see a new @DestinyTheGame ViDoc. It'll release tonight. Thoughts coming shortly.

I guess if this is the first public day no wonder hands on impressions have been light. They should explode now.

Damn, the crowds look crazy. And this is for the much internet hated COD!

BSQUnK7IgAAdvGJ.jpg

Seems slightly male oriented too :LOL:

I didn't realise the doors weren't open to the public yet. We should get a lot more info now about what's actually showing.

Back