gamers in neatherlands? Visiting next year

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
hi b3d-ers,
im visiting neatherlands next year to stay for a few months studying in university. Any offline/online places where pc gamers usually hangs out?

will be glad to play some games on lan party or online BF4 :D :D :D
or some kinect sports on xbox? :LOL:

Ah, cool. Yeah, that's here:

7500 AE Enschede
The Netherlands

I'm in Maastricht, quite a bit out of the way, but if you don't mind traveling a bit, Utrecht, Amsterdam, and Maastricht are quite cool places to visit..Deventer en Enschede are nice too though. Our weather however ... ;)

actually i like to travel :D lets see if the course on university will have free days.

what do you mean about the weather? is it snowy hard?

i have never see snow with my own eyes :D
there's only water rain, ice rain, and drought in my country haha

The campus is mostly insular as far as gaming is concerned, not much going as far as lan parties is concerned ... used to be a gaming commission with the club which maintains the campus LAN but it seems to have bled to death (study pressures are killing a lot of extra-curricular activities unfortunately). If you can find a room in one of the larger grouped flats they will no doubt have consoles in the living room and finding someone looking for an excuse to not study isn't generally too hard.

I think the anime club has DDR nights though :p

@MfA
the campus have huge study pressure? yikes...
the lecturer here already gave warnings that the days on ITC campus will be very hard but.. wow.

@Davros
i just got the invoice from ITC campus and it is very expensive. Skyrocket expensive. I hope i can get clear cost support soon...

currently its confusing.
in one document, the government says FULL money support
oh the other, it says HALF support (50/50)
and now no one on the campus official know how the cost will be dealt lol

@scott
what gaming neanderthals lol?

@MfA
the campus have huge study pressure? yikes...
It's not so much that the study pressures are huge, but that the time commitments necessary to run student associations/activities are considerable ... in the old days we had relatively generous subsidies and low rent student loans so people didn't really care if they took a little more time, but those days are gone.

You are right, campus rents got a bit ridiculous ... privatization and a captured audience saw to that.

PS. ITC is just a small part of the University of Twente (more commonly known locally as UT).

Back