Gamers against EA Games

Discussion in 'Graphics and Semiconductor Industry' started by DarN, Jan 17, 2005.

1. DarN

Regular

[​IMG]

I've signed up. Down with EA! :D

2. ondaedg

Regular

I am all for it. EA is nothing but bullies. They bully smaller, better software developers out of their markets so you have to play their crap. I will sign up. I play NFL 2K5 because it is simply a better football game than Madden and it kicked EA's ass this year. So what did EA do? Rather than make Madden better, they buy out the NFL License from every other developer. If it means I have to "download" a roster to play 2k6, I will do it rather than play EA garbage.

3. T2k

T2k
    Veteran

EA is sux, became the most disgusting mammoth worm of the gaming world. It's really time to get them bankrupted, I agree. That's gonna be a good lesson.

4. _xxx_

Banned

Just don't buy their games, that's the only thing that may hurt them. Everything else is pretty useless.

5. DoS

DoS
    Newcomer

The industry is getting too much of this EA crap. Personally i have boycotted all their releases the past 6 months. This Christmas i wanted to get some EA games, like NFSU2 and the latest MOHAA but instead a got FM05 and chronicles of riddick. They are not getting a single euro from me ever again !

6. Unit01

Newcomer

EA begone from thee earth!

7. Randell

Randell Senior Daddy
    Veteran

buy the other better games then.

I forgive EA a lot purely for Bf1942 and trying to do different things with the LoTR franchise, i.e BfME.

8. DuckThor Evil

DuckThor Evil Anas platyrhynchos
    Legend Veteran

I'm with EA :twisted:
    Offcourse they produce lot's of mediocre games, but also lot's of good games like Burnout 3 and madden among others. And I don't think they are going anywhere, they will only get stronger.

edit: is this thread in the right place?

9. AntShaw

Regular

Not neccesarily. If enough people talk. Big Corps listen.

10. see colon

see colon All Ham & No Potatos
    Veteran

i'm not an EA fan, but if they weren't in where they are today, someone else would be. even if the consumer could topple the EA Empire (r) another would sprout up to take it's place. who would we boycott next? ubisoft? infrogrames/atari? midway? the video game industry needs huge corporations like EA to keep it alive. just like the movie industry before it, once the magor studios get what they believe is a deathgrip on the industry, small, independents will arise and turn the industry on it's head.

11. Randell

Randell Senior Daddy
    Veteran

only if they feel their bottom line, public image will be dented. Their market is soo much the non discerning family, sports buying public that what some hardcore gamers think doesn't affect them.

12. ANova

Veteran

I hate that damn logo of theirs. Churn out crap and advertise everywhere, that's EA's motto.

13. cthellis42

cthellis42 Hoopy Frood
    Legend

This'll learn 'em, all right! :p

14. Inane_Dork

Inane_Dork Rebmem Roines
    Veteran

Well, EA just bought the rights to ESPN. Another "great move" for video game competition, according to EA.

15. Bouncing Zabaglione Bros.

Legend

I'd just wish they'd stop buying innovative developers and then systematically destroying them.

16. jvd

jvd
    Banned

:cry: origins i miss you :cry:

17. John Reynolds

John Reynolds Ecce homo
    Veteran

Origins and Bullfrog, I miss you.

18. K.I.L.E.R

K.I.L.E.R Retarded moron
    Veteran

Pirate their games.
    That would teach them. :lol:

19. peh

peh
    Newcomer

As I said regarding the EA + Crytek noise:

EA - Challenge everything --

Especially creativity, innovation and diversity!

and except for:

Market research, focus groups, excessive franchise creation and exploitation, rabid procurement and disbanding of talented dev teams simply for intellectual property aquisition.

Oh, and rely on the millions who consider Madden an actual game to continue the market share march.

--Peh--

20. DoS

DoS
    Newcomer

:D

nice quote there on your SIG.

see colon, nice way of thiniking...if some big corp/superpower somehow went down then another one would pop up to take its place and bully the whole world, so they are not that bad after all... it's inevitability :roll:
    this is the lamest of excuses for capitalism. I will not buy a single EA game ever again and i am the type who buys on average 12-16 games a year. If every other gamer like me boycotted EA then they would have a problem...

edit: Also, what makes you so sure theiy are good for the gaming industry Up until now the only thing they have really exceled at is devouring creativite small(er) groups who try to innovate and have brought us in the past great gaming titles! If that's the way to go forward then don't expect to have many choices in the future.