Gamepass reach 15 millions subscriber

Figures this happens after I bought a half-dozen or so of those titles when they were leaving gamepass earlier this year.

So what games should I buy next? :LOL:

I am curious how many new subscribers will come from the Xbox All Access model for nextgen consoles.

I wonder with how cheap game pass was, I wonder if it was a loss leader for awhile. Now they have increased its price right?

I wonder with how cheap game pass was, I wonder if it was a loss leader for awhile. Now they have increased its price right?

Not really. Its the same price as before for Console and Ultimate editions. Only the PC GamePass increased when they exited Beta. So $10 for console or PC and $15 for Ultimate which includes both.

Yea considering that will be the cost of 3 new games over 3 years. But you’ll have access to how many?

If this works well and becomes a much more significant platform of revenue than Xbox ever could be you could even at some point expect this to come to Sony’s platform in theory ... could be interesting.

Obviously it is something that people have been predicting to happen in the form of cloud hosted gaming, but as long as you can let people buy the hardware themselves that’s still cheaper and more efficient for almost everyone I’m guessing.

And then something like gameplays which still allows you to install the actual games or present a hybrid format could be preferable.

Of course you could still get a Netflix VS Amazon Prime VS Disney style Sony VS Microsoft vs Nintendo again at some point but we’ll see. Netflix became a big platform because it was mostly hardware agnostic - the more devices it runs on the better and we see that for stuff like Fortnite, Minecraft, Microsoft Office, etc.

Yea considering that will be the cost of 3 new games over 3 years. But you’ll have access to how many?

I do not even know now. How far back for the Bethesda catalog are they going to go?

Not to mention, if I did give an answer, MS would probably buy something else in the time it takes me to post. Thus rendering any answer I give, moot.

Is it still possible to make the 24 o 36 months conversion ?[emoji2]

From what others have posted today, yes. But make sure you check with your local region users to be sure there aren't restrictions in your area. Maybe ask on Reddit that has a larger viewerships.

Is it still possible to make the 24 o 36 months conversion ?[emoji2]

I did it this morning with 2 accounts so old I had to recover them. Bought the codes from Amazon - which required 4 transactions to buy all 6 needed 12-month sub codes. It does work. rather weird to see "$14.99 - Your next payment - 9/21/2023"

Something I forgot about this morning. This will take a moment, and maybe it means nothing, or....? This seems the right thread.

I recovered my account, bought the 3 codes on Amazon, activated them w/o recurring payment and then upgraded to GPU. I did one account at a time because I just didn't quite believe this. Now, here is where it gets interesting. Obviously it worked, so I went and got 3 more and proceeded to recover my wife's ancient Xbox ID. Many windows were open. Some were microsoft.com and some were xbox.com. I jumped around looking for the one I had open to put codes in. Refreshed the page so that it would update to the new login. Copy pasted the the 12-month code for my wife and something odd happened. I had logged her in on microsoft.com but xbox.com had kept me logged in and I had not noticed. When I put the code in and hit next I was given a warning that took me a moment to figure out. My account was still logged in over there with a full 36-months of GPU waiting - the warning read (something like) "If you redeem this code it will be converted into 4 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate." Just to be clear, this was a 12-month Xbox Live Gold code purchased from Amazon moments before and that I would use a few minutes later to add 12-months of XBL Gold to my wife's account. It was only a valid XBL Gold code.

So....XBL Gold going away? I could see it stating "You are at your 3 year maximum. No more codes at this time." It didn't do that though. It was going to convert it straight to GPU at the $15/month rate. Take it as you will. I just thought that was curious.

@Silenti no. That is the conversion rate set and mentioned ever sine Game Pass Ultimate because a thing. If you want to go back to normal Gold or normal Game Pass, you need to wait until your GPU expires.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/gold/upgrade

After you join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, you can continue to redeem Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass codes. These codes will automatically convert to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate based on the following conversion table. Conversion ratio subject to change.

Token says…, You get…
1 month of Gold,
20 days of Ultimate
3 months of Gold, 50 days of Ultimate (1+ month)
6 months of Gold, 79 days of Ultimate (2+ months)
12 months of Gold, 4 months of Ultimate
24 months of Gold, 8 months of Ultimate

1 month of Xbox Game Pass (Console Games), 20 days of Ultimate
3 months of Xbox Game Pass (Console Games), 2 months of Ultimate
6 months of Xbox Game Pass (Console Games), 4 months of Ultimate
12 months of Xbox Game Pass (Console Games), 5 months of Ultimate
24 months of Xbox Game Pass (Console Games), 10 months of Ultimate
1 month of Xbox Game Pass PC Games, 20 days of Ultimate

@Silenti no. That is the conversion rate set and mentioned ever sine Game Pass Ultimate because a thing. If you want to go back to normal Gold or normal Game Pass, you need to wait until your GPU expires.

After you join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, you can continue to redeem Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass codes. These codes will automatically convert to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate based on the following conversion table. Conversion ratio subject to change.

Token says…, You get…
1 month of Gold,
20 days of Ultimate

I recognized the conversion rate, I just thought it strange it was willing to go beyond 36-months with the conversion, but not XBLG. I just thought that a bit odd that it was forced rather than being willing to tack it on at the end.

I recognized the conversion rate, I just thought it strange it was willing to go beyond 36-months with the conversion, but not XBLG. I just thought that a bit odd that it was forced rather than being willing to tack it on at the end.

Oh, right. Yeah, that seems a bit odd it would let you extend anything beyond the 36 month wall.

Token says…, You get…
1 month of Gold,
20 days of Ultimate

Thanks, I don't suppose there's a chart anywhere that gives you the best VFM when using reward points? I have 43500 saved up - looking at this I can get 2 x 3 months and top up my 2 years of GPU with another 100 days? Would I be better off waiting for a potential black friday deal?

Ah, I had a thought, do they still add a month for each top up if you have the auto-renew on?

Last edited:
Back