Gamasutra: The Designer's Notebook: PS3 versus Wii

Discussion in 'Console Industry' started by "Nerve-Damage", Dec 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. "Nerve-Damage"

Regular

The Designer's Notebook: PS3 versus Wii - The Designer's Perspective

Forgive me if this was posted already. :oops:

2. Corwin_B

Regular

If the "360 is Dreamcast Redux" stealth troll had been at the start of the article instead of the end, it would have saved me a couple of minutes. :roll: :roll: :roll:

3. Capeta

Banned

Agreed. Anyway this PS3 is most powerful and Wii is revolutionary discussions have been done to death. No need to retread old hat.

4. Gholbine

Regular

It's a valid point whether people want to hear it or not. All it says is that a head start means nothing, and that a solid early software lineup also means nothing, in the grand scheme.

5. Capeta

Banned

Thread lock please.

6. aselto

Regular

Dreamcast was dropped by 3rd party publishers once PS2 launched in the US while 360 will have extremely good line-up next year and that's why this comparison is not valid.

7. Shifty Geezer

Shifty Geezer uber-Troll!
    Moderator Legend

The article, going by the quotes, seems to ignore the strong game lineup from XB360. Why will hardcores buy PS3 for its extra power if the same games can be had in the same quality on a cheaper machine? There are certain self-appointed elitests who have to spend big bucks to get the 'best' of things (where the best is often bigger numbers and not much else) but I think theyre few and far between. Real hardcore gamers, which is a term too losely applied to cover mainstream gamers too, just care about the mainstream games - FPS, racers, sports, a few RPGs etc. - and they'll pick the platform that offers those games at a sensible pricepoint IMO.

8. StefanS

StefanS meandering Velosoph
    Veteran

Not another round of "who is doomed" now... thus locked...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.