Futuremark & NVIDIA Statement

Discussion in 'Beyond3D News' started by Dave Baumann, Jun 3, 2003.

1. Anonymous

Veteran

kyles article

oops,

This is what I wrote to kyle

Wouldn’t you agree that one reason why Futuremark doesn’t have any actual “real world game engines or technologies†(if that means anything), is because those games aren’t out yet. Are they not 3d engines using the latest directx technology? If anything they are more advanced then any game out on the market right now aside from the first few. I still find your article pointless, Futuremark is for looking into the future of what games can and will be. Now of course I would never rely on just one benchmark since there are different types of game engines (old and future coming) but I see nothing wrong with including into the game benchmarks test over all since it does have advanced “technologies†in it. Who’s to say they won’t be able to do what they did with max payne’s engine once more are developed and released. After all we still have the SE version that could come out don’t you think?

I still feel you to be to biased and quick to judge on your comments plus the fact that you use the exact same “†or words that nvidia used explaining hundreds of thousands of dollars it costs to be a beta member. I fail to see the real numbers presented as the true cost. Can’t your research dig that up?

Thanks,

Jason

This was his response:

Thanks for your thoughts. Please continue to use their benchmark shoud you find it valid. Obviously your mind is made up about this and there is little I can say to change your views.

Kyle Bennett
    Editor-in-Chief @ HardOCP.com
    Proprietor @ Ratpadz.com

2. dream caster

Newcomer

I do not believe I would really care to go court, at least because i feel many times i've not done what i had to do. What makes mad at Nvidia is that I feel they are shameless and show no regret.
    I added red highlight because that "error" is untenable; that is the so convenient and unbelievable "bug"! I do not think any expert (program developper in this case) would believe in that "bug".

As for now, even if some Nvidia products are useful to me I won't buy them.

3. just me

Newcomer

Russ,

Yada, yada ... Thought we settled the 'perponderence of the evidence' issue & yes I know it shoots down my 'reasonable person' comment. I could have not posted it, but I did anyway to show it was an element at one time & I do know a little bit about what I'm speaking. 8)

WaltC,

Nail on the head! Doesn't take much for a defendant to prevail & the plantiff has an enourmous burden to overcome > for the exact reasons you identified.

Dream caster,

In the instance of NV/FM > FM would have been the Defendant. FM could claim "error", not NV. :wink:

Nice to see over 1,100 ppl read this & I saw who came onboard & read it when I originally posted it. :wink:

Hope it gave some insight on a few things,

4. phenix

Regular

5. just me

Newcomer

Russ,

You asked if it had been overturned? Here ya go:

"A petition for a rehearing was denied October 20, 1998, and the petition of respondent Melaleuca, Inc., for review by the Supreme Court was denied January 13, 1999."

Been Case Law in California for over 4 years. :wink: Here's the latest Case to cite it: Jarrow Formulas, Inc. v. LaMarche (2002) , Cal.App.4th
    [No. B146708. Second Dist., Div. Five. Mar. 25, 2002.]
    JARROW FORMULAS, INC., Plaintiff and Appellant, v. SANDRA HOGAN LaMARCHE et al., Defendants and Appellants.

Enjoy,

6. muzz

Newcomer

Troll, why don't you get a life.......
    I need a "Backbone" ? Ummmmm where do you come up with such utter nonsense? What have I to gain by siding with the utter nonsense that is spewing out of your mouth?
    Ahead of what curve? Ooooooooooh you must be talking about all the OTHER :roll: DX9 benchmarks available right now....... :roll:
    Primary benchmark? What are talking about? You think NV has every right to invalidate a benchmark, and just because you and Mr. Lightbulb say 3DMark is crap then we should all just take your word for it........
    Geeez tell me you have something more than that , as you STILL haven't answered the questions I have put forth.

Beat it Louie