FutureCrew = FutureMark....?

pelos66

Newcomer
Does anyone knows what happened to the Guys from FutureCrew? Remember their demos? Second Reality and so?
Why im having the feeling that MadOnion/Remedy has something to do with FutureCrew?
They first, after a lot of demos and intros, gave us Second Reality, that is quite similar to Final Reality Benchmark from Remedy, even the music is similar that the one that Skaven made, and i have been told that Remedy works together aside MadOnion now known as FutureMark. :?

Tagrineth said:

Yeap, it seems to be a Co. from Finland such as FutureCrew..
Wow, they became something totally diferent... i think they no longer do neither DEMOS nor music.
Do you know the whole story? the relation between FC, FM, Remedy?
Does anybody know if Skaven is nowadays composing music? What Happened to Purple Motion? What happened to the DEMO Scene !!?

But IIRC some FC members are part of MadOnion/Futuremark.
Maybe some of the guys who are active here can shed some light on this? :)
Oh, and there's the group called Maturefurk... 8)

ahh... where you are oh FC guys... ;)

before Worm comes and cleares up the this whole big mess, I'll throw my vegetables to this soup too, so here it comes:

Future Crew "kind of" breaked up. ex-members can found majorly in 3 companies:
1.) Bitboys (Psi and Trug at least.)
2.) FutureMark / Remedy (Skaven and Marvel)
3.) FatHammer. (Gore (if I recal right...))
PLUS, some members have chosen totally different route, like Purple Motion that is freelancer musician (afaik, Death Rally, 3DMark 2000 and Rally Trophy musics are coming from his small workshop.) and Pixel has Visual Club in Helsinki and additionally he has directed few music videos. (one of Darude's videos is directed by pixel.)

2 of 3 successful game houses in finland have demo scene background:
1. Remedy (Future Crew members at least )
2. Bugbear (Byterapers members at least)

and the 3rd one, HouseMarquee, doesn't have any big demo groups behind (afaik.) but they are definately eldest existance. (Stardust and Super Stardust, anyone??)

EDIT: of course, greets to all FC members that knows and remembers me... And yes, there is still some ppl waiting a come back. you are never too old to code some real kick ass effects. ;) -I know that some of you are lurking here. :)

Come back !!

hey !! I knew there were some relation between all that companies going back to its origins from FutureCrew.

Thankyou Nappe1, its very interesting that. One question. Does the anual Demo Compos held in Finland every year is still something that continue in existence?

Is it posible that all the 3d Revolution we have been living from the last, maybe, 5 - 6 years, form the un-acelerator S3 Virge to the GFFX has a strong background in the Demo scene??

I remember some of the most amazing demos looked with efects very surprising for its time. The same efects (and a lot more) now are something standard (and improved by 1000%) whose algoritms are native to the 3d core of the actual graphic card.

The equivalent of a Demo nowadays is 3dMark?? The Demo scene died almost complety and the only similar thing left, for our candyeye, are the benchmarks from FutureMark?

Wouldn't be great if the same groups that ruled the demo scene some years ago arise from the deep (or wherever they are) and once again code to the limit of current and future Graphic Cards?! with the most amazing demos ever !!

Now our hardware is as powerfull as never never before, the sound cards can handle more processing power than needed for an orquestra. Wow. It'd be great !!

Aside eyecandy, what about great music !!

The Music Purple Motion and Skaven composed were also awesome, look at this: http://www.modarchive.com/artists/pm/

And Skaven: http://www.modarchive.com/artists/skaven/

Well, just some thoughts...

i asked worm the similar question in my 3d mark interview, nad official statement is "none whatsoever." there are some people form ex-future crew working at futuremark, and that's it. also, Remedy and Futuremark are two separate entities. do not get confused with Final reality released by Remedy:)

and no, demo scene is not dead. Just check the work of Farb-Rausch, for example (www.farb-rausch.com)

Nappe1 said:
PLUS, some members have chosen totally different route, like Purple Motion that is freelancer musician (afaik, Death Rally, 3DMark 2000 and Rally Trophy musics are coming from his small workshop.)

http://www.valtone.com/ (a game with his name Jonne Valtonen)

Nappe1 said:
2 of 3 successful game houses in finland have demo scene background:
1. Remedy (Future Crew members at least )
2. Bugbear (Byterapers members at least)

and the 3rd one, HouseMarquee, doesn't have any big demo groups behind (afaik.) but they are definately eldest existance. (Stardust and Super Stardust, anyone??)

Bloodhouse (which later merged with Terramarque to form Housemarque) was formed by the Amiga demo group Bloodsuckers. Also most of the Housemarque guys came from Amiga scene. So yeah, they do have demo guys.

Also Hybrid Graphics has most of their guys from Amiga and Atari demo scene.

:D You guys have already covered most of the stuff I would have said. Most guys in the business (at least here in Finland) have started by doing demos in the demo scene. PC, Amiga, or even C64 (like me ;) ).

*edit: the demo scene is still alive. Very much alive! And no, I won't post my C64 demos/intros. ;)

worm[Futuremark said:
] Most guys in the business (at least here in Finland) have started by doing demos in the demo scene. PC, Amiga, or even C64 (like me ;) ).

*edit: the demo scene is still alive. Very much alive! And no, I won't post my C64 demos/intros. ;)

Wow, you started with a C64 !! :p What a times !!. My first computer was a C16, i remember having to wait the entire tape (30 min) to "play" in order to read the data with the dataset.
I began programing in the C64, although i never did any demos because at that time my age didn't allow me to have the matematics skills needed to code such stuff (i was 11). :cry:

Please !! show us your c64 demos/intros !! 8)

I remember that i had games, i presume cracked, with intros from the crackers that were quite similar to the Intro "YO" from futurecrew that featured cool music, even jarre music.

Im a programer, and i would like to do my own stuff, but im new to the 3d programing world. What do you WORM, recomend to be such a Guru as you are !! ;)

Aside from www.farb-rausch.com, where else can i find more demos/intros? !! Anyone? please...

pelos66: I have just got confirmation that I have computer place ticket to Assembly 2003, so yes, Assembly is alive and kickin' :) check the official website http://www.assembly.org/

jpaana & worm: how about having Beyond3D board members meet at this year Asm? ;) I know that you cannot stay out from there. :) and as far I know Onslaught (as known here) is coming there too. (or actually Worm met me last year there, but I didn't met him... :D oh, well, that you get when you join to conversation where you don't know everyones faces. ;) )

Does anybody know how much cost an airplane ticket from Mexico to Finland? 8)
Would anyone accept me in your place? ;)

Worm (or anyone else), do you have pics from the original FutureCrew team? Do you have pics from the FutureMark team?

pelos66 said:
Does anybody know how much cost an airplane ticket from Mexico to Finland? 8)
Would anyone accept me in your place? ;)

you can always buy normal ticket from the door with 35 Euros.

for Mexico -> Finland -> Mexico flight ticket price I can't say exactly how much it will cost, but check your travel agency for Helsinki both way flight prices and that should cover it.

:)

pelos66 said:
Wow, you started with a C64 !! :p What a times !!. My first computer was a C16, i remember having to wait the entire tape (30 min) to "play" in order to read the data with the dataset.
I began programing in the C64, although i never did any demos because at that time my age didn't allow me to have the matematics skills needed to code such stuff (i was 11). :cry:
I was pretty young too. I got a VIC-20, C-16 and C-64 but dumped the first two. I made a text-based game on the C-16 and ran out of memory! :LOL: It was nice with 128 colors and such, but too low on RAM. The VIC-20 was a joke really.. I remember the ad "Build Rome in a day", and I added "..and then you'll run out of memory". Heh.. Oh well.

pelos66 said:
Please !! show us your c64 demos/intros !! 8)
IF I would find them, I still wouldn't post them. They were pretty nice IIRC, but they weren't state-of-the-art. I also made some *cough* intros for some teams.. ;)

Nappe1 said:
how about having Beyond3D board members meet at this year Asm?
That's fine by me! Let's set a time & place and go out to eat or for some beers? If anyone from outside Finland makes it there, they are welcome to join! Humus maybe? Or Dave? Someone?

Nappe1 said:
(or actually Worm met me last year there, but I didn't met him...
Yup! You were so drunk that you didn't even recognize yourself! :D j/k

PLUS, some members have chosen totally different route, like Purple Motion that is freelancer musician (afaik, Death Rally, 3DMark 2000

Actually Jonne "Purple Motion" Valtonen made some of the music in 3DMark2001. Tero "Teque" Kostermaa with the help of his very talented guitar player friend Sami Virta made the awesome 3DMark2000 music.

Skaven has also participated in the making of 3DMarks. Markus knows better what he did for 99 and 2000, but in 2K1 many of the animations of game test 3 the Lobby test were his. He also made some animations for '03 and game test 3, the Troll test. He made the animations back when our plans for the test were a bit different, but they still fit it really nicely.

worm[Futuremark said:
]I was pretty young too. I got a VIC-20, C-16 and C-64 but dumped the first two. I made a text-based game on the C-16 and ran out of memory! :LOL: It was nice with 128 colors and such, but too low on RAM. The VIC-20 was a joke really.. I remember the ad "Build Rome in a day", and I added "..and then you'll run out of memory". Heh.. Oh well.

Ohh yeah !! what a times !! i have so many questions regarding this stuff, i have kindda idea of how 3d works in a 2d plane (monitor). What is the basis of all 3d world !! Do, worm started progaming demos/intros with cd Amiga and C64, but then you went further to translate that to the power of PC's. Basically i would like to know where should i begin to do some 3d stuff.

I know that every 3d plot in a 3d matrix has its 2d equivalent throught a linear convertion, so that when having certaint coord (x,y,z), you can convert them to 2d (i,j).

i = z + (y)cos &
j = z - (x)cos &

or so. Let me speak my mind, you can variate the angle & so you can simulate rotation on that point. Or quite a couple of points (some millions) if you define regions and variate all of them from one limit to another given a f(x,y) function. Example: z = cos x / sen y. THEN: -10 <= X <= 10 and for each X: -10 <= Y <= 10. For each x,z,y you apply the convertion to i and j, and for a 3d point you have a 2d point paintable to the 2d screen, if you do so rotating the angles by changing & from one limit to another, then you have the beauty function f(x,y) = cos x / sen y rotating in the screen. :p

Now if you joint the points with lines and define planes, then you can apply textures and lights and... well, i dont know, i have never done that but i imagine its kinnda the very basics of 3d rendering.

Worm, or anyone else, where can i learn from this to be such a coder like you?? Is this the principles you, worm, walked by when at the begining to achive the background needed to do the stuff you can do nowadays??
:?:

Back