Futurama's coming back!

REALLY? Wow! :D

Don't understand why it got cancelled in the first place, Futurama was hilarious.

I guess a "wheee!" won't be misplaced right now! ;)

HOORAY!

Zoidberg will eat again!

Good news everyone! Futurama has be un-cancelled! Whoo hee hoo hoo!

It's also now in the form of a suppository!

EDIT:
I'm a huge fan of Futurama, I love it on so many levels, the cultural commentary, the 1950's style future, everything! It's genious. It's unfortunate that it does not, admittedly, have mass appeal (who of the average joes watching tv will get things like "You've changed the results by measuring them!"?), so I actually don't think it will last again :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Apprently the 4 movies that they were going to release direct-to-DVD have been broken up into 16 episodes (4 episodes for each movie, one would assume) which Fox/Groening will be producing and Comedy Central will be airing.

http://www.gotfuturama.com/

Personally I would rather have the DVDs (obviously), but maybe if enough viewers tune in they will renew the show full-time.

Zapp - " I suffer from a very sexy learning disability , what's it called Kiff ? "

Kiff - *Sighs* " Sex - lexia "

The Zapper is definitely my favorite character from the series (and I think it surprised Groening and Cohen, didn't they end up writing him into more episodes because of it?)

I just love the freedom the writers have with Futurama. They can create any character, any alien species, make fun of anything in the 20th century, concoct any "history" for us between now and 3000AD, and just have loads of fun.

I'm hoping this series stays alive for decades. No excuse for the overall quality to go down with age like it has with The Simpsons or any other TV series for that matter.

Oh yeah, zsouthboy, I love all episodes with Zapp, but I think he's best served as a side dish. Don't want to get sick of him.

That's good news! I really enjoyed the Futurama series, that would be among my top 5 of TV.

Still, I tink I'd preferred they'd come direct to DVD, if indeed that's what the TV series is, as god knows when we get the series back on TV here where I live.

I'm not sure if they've even showed all of the already finished Futurama episodes yet, before they quit showing it. Usually there's some 6 months to two years breaks in between some seasons, for some inexplicable reason, before they continue airing, and often even then they start with re-runs of previous seasons :rolleyes:

Well, there's always other means of seeing them sooner... like importing the DVD's.

Kif is the GOAT (greatest of all time... don't ask)...

"I made love for the first time last night..."

Zoidberg is a close second. Wooobooboobooboo. :p How could they axe this, but host some of the other sludge out there?

Back