Funny How Things Change...

whql

Regular
Just patched C&C Generals and noticed this in the readme after the patch installed:

11. GEFORCE FX GLITCH - Fixed a glitch that caused some graphics corruption to appear for owners of NVIDIA's GeForce FX video cards.

It wasn't long ago that you'd see that all the time for ATI boards - and this is an EA game, who are supposed to be well in with NVIDIA.

whql said:
It wasn't long ago that you'd see that all the time for ATI boards - and this is an EA game, who are supposed to be well in with NVIDIA.

The only people "in bed" with each other concerning these issues are the PR departments of the respective companies--and specifically in this case the "EA connection" is only referenced by nVidia press releases so far--I can't find a single EA press release even mentioning nVidia by name and of course none detailing the specifics of a deal the nature of which nVidia has described. So I think it's prudent to take such nVidia press releases with a very large grain of salt...;) My theory from the start is this is nothing but a simple bundling deal which nVidia has taken great liberties in characterizing in various press releases.

What would make me sit up and take notice would be EA press releases stating the company's intent to support 3D features found in nVidia products which depart from the standard API support provided by other IHVs. I'm not surprised I haven't seen any such press releases from EA thus far.

Back