Frore Airject Solid State Active Cooling

what;s the downside? cost?
Not sure about the cost, but currently it will only scale so far, cooling like 10-30w I believe. Scaling that up to 150w or higher is a long way out yet.

Still though, you can imagine some possibilities with this type of cooling. RAM could be actively cooled, and storage devices could be far more effectively cooled like NVMe drives.

Rather than use in ultrabooks, this immediately had me thinking of Switch / Deck style of devices.

It's probably costly vs conventional cooling, which probably rules it out. It's also proprietary, which I can't see Valve opting for. Maybe one for Aya and their ilk.

Very intriguing design, can't wait to see it implemented. I can imagine the cost is likely prohibitive to high end only at least at the start.

what;s the downside? cost?
It's not all that efficient, just compact.
It's probably costly vs conventional cooling, which probably rules it out. It's also proprietary, which I can't see Valve opting for. Maybe one for Aya and their ilk.
Couple stacked layers of stamped steel sheet and some piezo bimorphs ... manufacturing cost in volume is bugger all, but of course they do want to recoup some development costs.

Back