From Miyamoto's lips to Nintendo fans ears...

zurich

Kendoka
Veteran
"When you start thinking that you have to raise the number of consoles (in homes), you realize that having a lot of brand names is important. ...But I still want to make new things."

"We're developing Pikmin 2 and the Mario 128 that we showed to everyone at a press announcement earlier."

"I believe that with this game you'll be able to feel the "newness" that was missing from Mario Sunshine."

:rolleyes:

Oh well, maybe they'll throw some bumpmapping in and tear down all the arguments surrounding SMS' "style" :p

edit: from voodooextreme.com

LOL... so they're developing 'Mario 128' as a game?

What will you do in it, anyway?

IIRC the Mario 128 demo was just a Gekko computational demo, showing 128 Marios performing independant actions...

Miyamoto hinted at a Pikmin sequal and promised more Mario and Zelda titles a long time ago. This is just further confirmation.

SMS was a solid sequel to SM64.. but it left me hungry for more. (as did SM64)

I wonder what Mario 128 is going to be like.. probably more of a puzzle game. Pikmin 2: I've been waiting to hear about this.

Pikmin is one of the best GCN titles to date.. I hope the sequel doesn't take too long. :)

with the track records, its always the skeptics who are left eating thier words when it comes to Miyamoto, the last time someone mocked his words, was when he announced a new Metroid game.

Johnny Awesome said:
Well, Luigi, Pikmin, and Super Mario Sunshine were nothing special. One out of four isn't bad, I guess...

Pikmin was extremely special..awesome game to this day...
SMS is the best platformer of its kind, I had my fill of those types
of games in the N64 era, SM64, Banjo, Banjo 2, Conker, Crash Bandicoot, it was overkill, doesnt mean SMS wasnt a great game, you act as if there is a single game on the other system that has not been done to death before.. its all been done, Pikmin is the most original and unique game this decade.

um ... of the decade ? I would have to go with jet set radio , super monkey ball and other stuff like that . Pikman was a very good game though and so was lugi ... SMS ? can we say super mario 64 + thats all it was... hell did they just use the same engine.

I would have to go with jet set radio , super monkey ball and other stuff like that.

I'm not disagreeing that Pikmin probably isn't the most original and unique game of the decade but I didn't find JSR that unique and SMB reminds me of marble madness in 3D. I would probably have to go with Space Station Silicon Valley as the most original game in the past decade.

Pikmin was one of those games that i just could'nt get into. i tried but just could not. But SMS on the other hand.wow. It only loset it's GOTY status because of Metroid Prime.

Pikmin just felt good to play IMO. I still think that Miyamoto had Pikmin in mind when he helped design the GCN controller..

They just work together so well!

Johnny Awesome said:
Well, Luigi, Pikmin, and Super Mario Sunshine were nothing special. One out of four isn't bad, I guess...

SMS nothing special? Were you playing the pre-alpha version or something, because that was one of the few games that really got me addicted this year.

I like to be wowed. I can't be wowed playing the same game again. I enjoyed sms untill the red coins crap. Its just mario 64 with better graphics. Look i was wowed with sonic adventure but sonice adventure 2 was just alright. Why? Because it was all done in the first one. If they make mario 128 and its a new experiance for me i will love the game and move it to one of the best games for that year.

Look at it this way. Mario bros , fun game
super mario brothers , fun and completely diffrent
super mario 2 (american) diffrent enough to be very fun and enjoyable
super mario 3 , like the first one but was totally changed by the things you would change into

super mario world . It was to much like part 3 and it was just an okay game.

super mario 64 was like nothing that came before it.

super mario sunshine was just super mario 64. I believe its the worse one of the series .

JVD: SMS could possibly be the worst game in the Mario platforming series, but considering that it's arguably the highest quality series in gaming history.. being the worse isn't all that bad. :) (IMO, SMS is better than at least SMB2, anyway)

I'd have to go with Super Mario World as my least favorite Mario game, then probably SMS. The thing is though that they are both out of the mushroom kingdom which i think has to do with me not liking them. SM64 is to SMB3 as SMS is to SMW.

Back