French university tour in pictures

Here is it. I've remembered I wanted to share it with you, I did not make it, and I laughed a lot looking at it.
Yet this is were I lived. The campus is huge, and they are perhaps biased, showing a good selection of rusty places.. though I feel like some nasty ones are missing.

have fun :)

http://docs.google.com/Present?docid=df7fjpbn_76d9v7v9dq&skipauth=true

so that uni is doing physics, chemistry, biology, math (pretty good at that, we French are excellent at maths as it requires chalkboard and paper), some marginal stuff like sports; plasma science, nanotech stuff, with nearby major aviation schools, airplane and missile factories, and what have you.

There was major ongoing obstruction for about two monthes, to protest against the law giving "autonomy" from the State to universities and giving much leeway to the private sector, excessive powers to the university's president and destroying our dysfunctional but great research system and egalitarian education.
But it looks barren because it's huge and has been severely underfunded for at least a decade.
There's also some insane freedom there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that looks pretty bad.

My Uni thankfully got a boatload of cash from some rich "good-doers" and build brand new state-of-the-art locales. You get used to it after a while, and think nothing of it, but after you visit friends at other universities you start to become thankful :)

Back