Free software that allows you to watch TV on your PC

Discussion in 'PC Hardware, Software and Displays' started by oblen, Dec 19, 2013.

1. oblen

Newcomer

Sharing...

[​IMG]

Smarty PCTV is a new software program that makes any PC into a smart TV, only better and more versatile and it is launching on December 19th 2013. It enables users to watch TV, movies, and programs on demand. It effectively turns any PC (up to 10 years old) into the ultimate smart TV for watching online TV and movies.

Read More

2. pjbliverpool

pjbliverpool B3D Scallywag
    Legend

I might have a play around with this. Sounds like it's just a frot end interface to the pre-existing internet servces but if it simplifies the use of those services I can see it being quite a nice value add. Adding this type of functionality into SteamOS could be a big win.

3. Davros

Legend

someone posted something similar ages ago in gen disc - f1 thread so we could watch the live races
    hdtv i think it was called after about 3 months it stopped being updated and the channels started failing

4. oblen

Newcomer

5. Malo

Malo Yak Mechanicum
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

I believe XBMC and this software are targeted to very different users. There's no chance I'd use Smarty PCTV on my network but I use XBMC everywhere. And I'm not sure what resources have to do with it since XBMC can run on a $35 Raspberry Pi

6. Sxotty

Legend Veteran

This sort if thing has been around, but doesn't this belong in the much neglected HTPC forum :). Just joking that forum is dead.