FREE Games List [2008-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
NICE :smile:

I 'like' music in 3rd from top :LOL:!
Good old times!

I was involved in Phuture303, Odbyt Design, Voodka People, Vacuum, Freezers!
I also was one of the organizers of two Polish Scene Parties - Rush Hour and Rush Hour 2.

Time to create new Thread!
We need to stop spamming this nice free game list :oops:

I seriously doubt that. :D I attended theparty.dk in 1997 but as a tech enthusiast. They had a very nice C64 3D demo.

You.. perchance sport a Beard like most C64/ZXSpectrum coders?

Ever saw Future Crew's Second Reality rendition on C64 by Smash Design? wasn't that shown at party'97?

You.. perchance sport a Beard like most C64/ZXSpectrum coders?

Er... yeah, but I didn't know that was a speccy coder trait. :p

Ever saw Future Crew's Second Reality rendition on C64 by Smash Design? wasn't that shown at party'97?

If it was shown I saw it but it was a decade ago. The demo that caused the biggest impression on me was that C64 3D demo with a Princess Peach look-a-like IIRC. I was there because two guys who were in the same Quake 1 TC team I was in were competing.

isn't half of the people here a scener anyway?

I was one in a previous life. The last prod I released was the Trashcan 4 Intro. I continued coding on the Amiga for a while after that but didn't release anything and started focusing more on college and work.

Then I moved to the PC and have done my share of OpenGL coding. I've been working on and off on my PSP engine for a while but haven't made any demo out of it.

I'm curious how many B3Ders have a demoscene background.

Not quite a game

Napoleon Total War Free Expansion
Developer The Creative Assembly and publisher Sega have just released a free mini-expansion for Napoleon Total War, the historical real-time strategy game. The Imperial Guard Pack adds six free units to the game and also adds an alternative battle of Waterloo to the title. This new version of the famous military engagement has the British as the playable faction while the French side has more troops than the game's original version.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/34177/

Added MW4:Mercenaries, thanks neliz. Will update download link when they finally release to BT.

The Steam Mac Games Store is now open, offering over fifty games and various launch day discounts,. In addition, Valve's clever shooter-puzzler Portal is free on PC and Mac until May 24.

Its a shame that no one even mention Total Annihilation Spring. For me its still the best RTS out there and completly free, open sourced and still modded.

http://springrts.com/

Definitely better game that Supreme Commander 2 and even 1. Imho TA is what RTS should be about. Deep, physics based gameplay, with many innovative features, with good communication and sharing units/resources options, good GUI and smart base management with good defense options and fighting for expanding.
Actually dont understand why Starcraft gets so many praise as a best RTS ever. For me Starcraft is very good, but I would call it fps in RTS genre, because its all about strict build up, resource counting and skill micromanagent.

Hope The Hunter hasn't been posted yet, sorry if thats the case.

It is free as in, item shop based. Takes a while to learn the hunting tactics for whom never played this type of game, needs patience as well, good for slow paced chilling before the sleep kicks in :)

Overall visually good, In some areas deppending on the time of day/lighting it is really good! On the bad side it has some overused&exposed bloom and sometimes at some distances, ugly lod transitions.

screenshot_005_large.jpg

Edit: Forgot to mention one negative side about it, the game has to be launched from their website. No internet connection, no playing :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back