FREE Games List

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Richard, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Putas

Regular Newcomer

It is overloaded, oh Ubisoft...

BRiT likes this.
  2. Pete

Pete Moderate Nuisance
    Moderator Legend Veteran

More importantly:

[​IMG]
    Edit: Pic didn’t take the first time.

#642 Pete, Jul 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    digitalwanderer likes this.
  3. Davros

Legend

More importantly what ?

4. idsn6

Regular

Thanks, almost missed these. Already own them elsewhere, but good to cover your bases.

Pete likes this.
  5. Pete

Pete Moderate Nuisance
    Moderator Legend Veteran

Supposedly WatchDogs 2 will eventually be free on Epic, so this whole cluster was pointless. Ubi surprising even the cynic in me with how poorly this was handled, unless their goal was to have people attempt to login from as many different browsers as possible and then package that with your email for sale.

The latest: https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthre...ation-Log-In-Services?p=15061790#post15061790

Edit: the /forward page shows this link (which is still changing: a little while ago it sent me to en-GB from an en-US page but now there’s no country code in the url): https://register.ubisoft.com/ubisoft-forward-reward/

Still can’t fully log in. Wait, it worked after refreshing that last page a few times. I ended up at an en-GB url. Despite my logging in dozens of times and ticking ‘remember me,’ ubisoft.com is still pretending it doesn’t know me.

#645 Pete, Jul 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    digitalwanderer, Davros and BRiT like this.
  6. Davros

Legend

Thanks for posting that

7. Unknown Soldier

Veteran

Torchlight 2 for free on Epic.

BRiT likes this.
  8. BRiT

BRiT (>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
    Moderator Legend Alpha

I have it on Steam and Xbox, but will pick it up on EGS as well. It's a fun little dungeon crawler.

9. Putas

Regular Newcomer

I still haven't recieve the Watch Dogs 2. Anybody succeeded?

10. Pete

Pete Moderate Nuisance
    Moderator Legend Veteran

I did manage to get WD2. It appeared in my library around the same time I got an email, around 5pm Monday. I got the success message around midnight after playing the page refresh game (sunk cost fallacy), but no email at that time.

GOG is giving away Warhammer 40,000: Rites of War for the next two days. Click the banner on GOG's front page.

11. Putas

Regular Newcomer

Finally, got it as well.

12. Davros

Legend

Rocket League is going free to play
    Psyonix has announced that Rocket League will go free to play later this Summer. Moreover, the team has announced that the game will come out on Epic Games Store, and that it will no longer be available on Steam. Now the good news here is that those that already own the game on Steam will be able to play with everyone. The Steam version will also support cross-play support between all platforms. However, new gamers will no longer be able to download and access the game on Steam.

13. BRiT

BRiT (>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
    Moderator Legend Alpha

Is that because Steam has some specific policy against Free to Play games?

14. TheAlSpark

TheAlSpark Moderator
    Moderator Legend

Steam has a dedicated section for F2P games. It must be some sort of deal they made?

15. idsn6

Regular

If I understand your question, the deal was that Psyonix was bought by Epic.

TheAlSpark and BRiT like this.
  16. BRiT

BRiT (>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
    Moderator Legend Alpha

Okay. It was perhaps more my question, but thanks for answering. My uncertainty came from the following:

The news clips I saw didn't clarify that going FreeToPlay had no impact on why it was leaving Steam. It was sort of unwritten suggestion that F2P meant it couldn't be on Steam.

17. Pete

Pete Moderate Nuisance
    Moderator Legend Veteran

I think Epic just want to keep 100% of that sweet microtransaction money and drive more prople to EGS. It doesn’t really benefit them to add new customers on a less profitable platform. I suppose existing customers can’t complain because it’ll be crossplay and they’ll presumably be able to buy new MTX on Steam.

TheAlSpark likes this.
  18. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Nope, tons of F2P games on Steam. Warframe and Path of Exile are two of the big guns in the F2P arena that have their games on Steam. I've got a ton of games in my Steam Library that are F2P. :) Warframe being the only one I actually spend money in.

Regards,
    SB

BRiT likes this.
  19. Davros

Legend

Get Next Up Hero and Tacoma for Free
    This week's new freebies are now available on the Epic Games Store where you can now pick up Next Up Hero and/or Tacoma for free. They are yours to keep if you snag them over the next seven days. After that they will be supplanted by three new giveaways: 20XX, Barony, and Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP. Here's the elevator pitch for today's gratis games:
    Next Up Hero is a dungeon crawler featuring hand-drawn heroes that hack, slash, bongo-drum, boomerang, and jet their way through Ventures. Choose your Hero and start rolling dungeons, gearing out, and maxing your stats.

Tacoma
    An Abandoned Space Station. A Mysterious AI. And You. The crew of Lunar Transfer Station Tacoma were going about their workaday lives when disaster threw them into chaos. Discover what fate awaits them in Fullbright's bold and innovative followup to Gone Home.

Unknown Soldier, Pete and BRiT like this.
  20. Unknown Soldier

Veteran

Disintegration - Play for Free Weekend | PS4

Play Disintegration for free from July 30 to August 2 on PS4. Choose the right crew that fits your playstyle, synergize with your team, and strategically command your ground units to dominate the battlefield.