FREE Games List

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Richard, Sep 25, 2008.

1. BRiT

BRiT (╯°□°)╯
    Moderator Legend Alpha Subscriber

2. Davros

Legend

Assassin's Creed Unity is FREE
    Ubisoft is giving away a copy of their 2014 Assassin’s Creed game ‘Unity’ for PC. This installment of the Assassin’s Creed series is set in France and even features a fairly detailed version the famed Notre Dame cathedral. After fires have destroyed part of the historic church however, Ubisoft wants to help in promoting the campaign projects which seek to restore the site. This is one way of doing that, and is also encouraging users to donate as they have. In fact, the company has is pledging 500,000 euros for the restoration costs. This promotion is limited to PC users with Ubisoft’s Uplay client installed. Simply follow this link
    https://register.ubisoft.com/acu-notredame-giveaway/en-US
    and click on the PC download link at the bottom. Like always, this promotion is only for a limited time. From April 17th at 10:00 am to April 25th at 03:00 am (your local time), users will be able to claim a copy. Although the window of claiming a copy is limited, once it is already tied to your Uplay account, the game is yours to keep forever.

3. Davros

Legend

Transistor is currently free on the Epic Games Store as the latest incentive to patronize this relative newcomer to the marketplace. This is available for the next two weeks for anyone with an account, and Epic also reveals the next giveaway after this is World of Goo, which will go free on May 2nd.

4. Pete

Pete Moderate Nuisance
    Moderator Veteran

Gone Home is yours for free "until May 3rd" as a DRM-free download (not a key) to promote the Humble Trove (and probably prevent scummy key reselling): https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly/trove?gonehome

Deponia is free to add to your IndieGala account as another (presumably DRM-)free download. Unlike the Humble offer, this is added to your account so you should be able to redownload it whenever (as long as IndieGala is in business): https://freebies.indiegala.com/deponia/

5. Davros

Legend

Not technically a free game - but what the hell
    Fan-remake (demo) by 'Nicobass' of the classic game Tomb Raider 2: Dagger of Xian!
    Play the demo: http://tombraider-dox.com/downloads/

digitalwanderer and Babel-17 like this.
  6. Babel-17

Regular

Davros, pharma and digitalwanderer like this.
  7. Pete

Pete Moderate Nuisance
    Moderator Veteran

8. Davros

Legend

Minecraft Classic Now Available For Free

n just a little over a week, it’ll be the 10-year anniversary of one of the most popular games of all time: Minecraft. Whether you like it or not, there’s no denying two things: how much the game has influenced the games industry and much the game has changed since its first Alpha release back in 2009. To celebrate this momentous achievement, Mojang and Microsoft have decided to make the original, pre-Alpha build of Minecraft Classic available on browsers completely free of charge. If you’re looking at this news and wondering how faithful the Classic version is to the original, then prepared to be surprised. Minecraft Classic includes all of the original features including only 32 blocks and each and every one of the bugs featured in the original version. This means there’re no biomes, no weapons, and no tools; nothing except grass, dirt, trees, and wool. If you want to check out the classic version, there’s literally no hoops you have to jump through in order to access it. All you have to do is click here, and you’ll be able to jump into 2009 right from your browser.

pharma and Pete like this.
  9. Pete

Pete Moderate Nuisance
    Moderator Veteran

#449 Pete, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
    pharma and Silent_Buddha like this.
  10. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Ooooh, Age of Wonders was always one of my favorite strategy games. I used to play the first one multiplayer via "hot seat" in the same room with a bunch of us drinking. :p I've had AoW 3 on my wish list for a couple years now, but held off getting it hoping I'd be able to get my backlog of games to a manageable level (not succeeding very well :p). I guess now is as good a time as any to take it off my wish list. :)

Regards,
    SB

11. Pete

Pete Moderate Nuisance
    Moderator Veteran

Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition free for the next three days for subscribing to Humble's newsletter: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/guacamelee-super-turbo-championship-edition

Again, use the key wihin a few days or lose it.

Epic has Stories Untold for free, and they'll be upping their free game rate to one a week during their month-long sale.

Uplay is giving away Steep for the next few days, too.

Babel-17 and pharma like this.
  12. Pete

Pete Moderate Nuisance
    Moderator Veteran

13. Pete

Pete Moderate Nuisance
    Moderator Veteran

Jalopy DRM-free copy (not Steam key) on Humble free for the next two days: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/jalopy-free

I'm not sure if the download link expires in a few days, as with their Steam key giveaways. Interestingly, you also get the option (a coupon) to buy a Steam key for $1 until June 1st.

Rime is free on Epic til the 30th, if you don’t have it already. More importantly, City of Brass will be free for a week starting on the 30th.

#453 Pete, May 23, 2019 at 6:54 PM
    Last edited: May 24, 2019 at 1:50 AM
    Babel-17 and Silent_Buddha like this.