FREE Games List

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Richard, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Babel-17

Veteran Regular

It was there when I checked, though it's gone now. My friend said she used the link I sent her in time. I already had the game, and the Redux version. Thanks!

P.S. At the bottom of that thread you linked is this, a free game.

Huh, board won't accept the link as is, tries to make it a media file.

It's on Steam, and it's Murderous Pursuits. Online multiplayer murder mystery. Might be fun for Halloween.

http://www.darkstation.com/reviews/murderous-pursuits-review

#361 Babel-17, Oct 27, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    pharma likes this.
  2. Pete

Pete Moderate Nuisance
    Moderator Veteran

#362 Pete, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    Babel-17 and pharma like this.
  3. Davros

Legend

free to own until a date or free to play until a date
    edit unable to claim because my phone doesnt accept sms

4. Zaphod

Zaphod Remember
    Veteran

To keep. First hit is free.

The base game, content as it was at launch. 8-10 hours plus some multiplayer modes, max level 20.

Plus the option of spending a couple hundred bucks on expansions and dlc items.

BRiT likes this.
  5. Pete

Pete Moderate Nuisance
    Moderator Veteran

Lightman likes this.
  6. Davros

Legend

unar Great Wall Studios has announced the release of Another Sight – Hodge’s Journey on Steam. Another Sight – Hodge’s Journey is a free prequel story of ANOTHER SIGHT, the first game developed by Lunar Great Wall Studios which tells the story of Hodge and Kit, a young girl who has lost her sight, in a surreal fantasy adventure into the unexpected; weaving a tale that brings together some of the world’s greatest minds in Monet, Tesla, Edison and other historical cultural icons. In Another Sight – Hodge’s Journey, players take control of Hodge the cat in a brand new, stand-alone story. Players will tackle new platforming challenges using Hodge’s nimble feline skills to solve puzzles as they uncover new mysteries as he travels between the world of dreams and reality to rendezvous with Kit at the start of their adventure below London.

7. Pete

Pete Moderate Nuisance
    Moderator Veteran

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion free Steam key from Humble Bundle when you subscribe to their newsletter: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/sins-of-a-solar-empire-rebellion

Here's a list of mods(Star Wars, Star Trek, Stargate, Battlestar Galactica, Mass Effect, Halo, Wing Commander) for the game:

If this is anything like their last few freebies, claim and reveal your Steam key ASAP, or they'll run out of keys (thanks, key resellers!) and leave you without even an apology.

Edit: Davros forgot this:
    You may need Steam or the Steam app to add it to your account, because I can't do it through my browser.

#367 Pete, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  8. Davros

Legend

Sorry mate, edit what to my account ?
    are you referring to my sms problem with Destiny 2?
    I sorted that thanks ( although I'm not really impressed with it, waste of 80GB )

9. pharma

Veteran Regular

Star Citizen - Play free from November 23-30. Try those expensive ships you'll never be able to buy! :lol2:
    https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/star-citizen-will-be-free-to-play-november-23-30.html

Lightman likes this.
  10. Babel-17

Veteran Regular

Outcast - Second Contact now: Free for newsletter subscribers

I'm already a subscriber so I just signed in and grabbed the game. The newsletter is just about deals, and sometimes free games like this.

www.humblebundle.com/store/outcast-second-contact?

digitalwanderer likes this.
  11. Davros

Legend

Bloody hell outcast second contact is £29.99 on gog

12. Pete

Pete Moderate Nuisance
    Moderator Veteran

It’s a DRM-free download, not a Steam key, so download it while you can. And while it might be priced like the relatively new game it is, it’s just a remake of the original which is just $6. Not that I’m complaining. I can actually download this.

U wot (am I doing this right)

13. idsn6

Regular

I think this is the first time Humble has had an actual downloadable that will expire and be removed from your library, not just expiring Steam keys. I do not like this development.

14. Davros

Legend

Im sure its just the download link that will expire
    (but since I havet got it yet i could be wrong)

15. Pete

Pete Moderate Nuisance
    Moderator Veteran

Eh, it’s better than having to visit the site for consecutive days to collect stamps to redeem for a game that they run out of because key resellers beat me to clicking “reveal Steam key.” And they don’t even bother to tell you that they’ve run out and won’t restock them.

The game’s been out a while, so we probably won’t miss out in future updates.

16. idsn6

Regular

Don't worry, they said those keys were only temporarily out of stock and they would email us as soon as they got more. I'm sure I will hear from them any day now.

17. Pete

Pete Moderate Nuisance
    Moderator Veteran

Babel-17 likes this.
  18. Babel-17

Veteran Regular

https://www.gamesessions.com/en/Game/SniperElite3

Pretty solid game, if sniping with a bit of stealth sounds good. Pretty basic gameplay so far, nice graphics albeit not cutting edge like Crysis 3 was. I avoided the default install location as I keep C: just for the OS and programs, not my games. The installer let me do that.

Only two caveats are that the game crashed during target practice, and the error message from the game suggested exiting Afterburner/Rivatuner. Lol, I did have them running with their OSD enabled. Exited it, and then continued playing. Later on I started it up again, no more crashes so far.

The other caveat is when I checked Task Manager after exiting the game some associated executable kept running. I played a few more sessions, now it isn't. Though I did force it closed when I saw it running.

A semi-caveat is that launching the game also involves launching its web based interface. Not a biggie, and it's not too different from EA in that respect, or others like Origin.

They had a few other good freebies in the past, here's hoping for more, and I'm also hoping for some good deals on games so I can buy something from them down the road.

19. Babel-17

Veteran Regular

P.S. Just like how Steam wants to launch an executable at startup, so does GameSessions with its "GameSessionsTray". And just like with Steam, I disable it in CrapCleaner under its Tools/Startup/Windows.

20. Zaphod

Zaphod Remember
    Veteran

Full Throttle remastered is free on GOG.

Lego Hobbit is free on Humble.

On phone so appologies for no links, but both can be easily found from their respective home pages. Valid for another day and a half or so.