FREE Games List [2008-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Civilization III Free on Humble Store
The Humble Store now offers Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete to anyone who picks up their copy within the next couple of days. This installment in the classic turn-based strategy series was first released in 2001, and it seems possible there's someone somewhere who has been playing "just one more turn" for the past 16 straight years.

Painkiller Hell & Damnation Free on GameSessions
GameSessions is offering free copies of Painkiller Hell & Damnation between now and November 1st. Word is you need to play the game for at least five minutes before the giveaway concludes to activate your game and keep it forever on their service, and they also offer an option in-game to purchase a copy for your Steam library.
https://www.gamesessions.com/zz/Game/PainkillerHellAndDamnation

Stronghold HD + A.D. 2044 for Free
GOG.com is holding a giveaway, and for the next 48 hours or so you can head over an collect a free bundle of Stronghold HD + A.D. 2044. Stronghold HD is Firefly Studios original siege warfare game, updated with modernized graphics. A.D. 2044 is a puzzle/adventure game that was first released in 1996. Interestingly, the bundle of both games is currently free, but if you want them individually the giveaway does not apply, and they will cost you $5.99 USD each.

I smiled and got excited when I saw this post, I remember really liking the game even though it was a bit silly/stupid and I should be able to run it just fine. Told my son to grab a copy for me since he has a Humble account, and he pointed out that I already have it on my Steam account. ROFL! My son uses "my" Steam account a lot more than me, I only play offline...but I've had it since the Black Box edition of HL2/Portal, (not to be confused with the Orange Box that was actually released when everything finally got released..it was a promo that came with an ATi card that was released before they changed the box dealio thingy), and we've tended to have accumulated a LOT of games on it. My son tends to grab any freebies and good humble bundles, we buy the major releases through Steam, and I love getting promo codes for games I never would have otherwise even tried.

I gotta check it out, I have no clue what's in my library but I bet you I can find SOMETHING interesting to play in there!

Thanks Pete, a serendipitous post for me. :)

Get Flight Unlimited 2K16 for Free
The Microsoft Store is currently offering Flight Unlimited 2K16 for free, with the 100% discount available for the next five days. This is the PC port of what was originally an iOS/Android game, as is only for Windows 10 users. It offers graphics that are alternately described as Ultra HD, 4K, and HD, but the game's mobile roots may help explain its mixed reviews. Do note that this game works exclusively on Windows 10.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/flight-unlimited-2k16/9nblggh4v2wg?source=lp#

Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans

UbiBlog announces that RTS World in Conflict and its Soviet Assault DLC is available for free for a limited time for the next week. This page is where to head to get started with this. And that's not all, as they announce this will be followed by a giveaway of Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, the seafaring installment in the assassination series. Here's the plan:

Just in time for the holiday season, Ubisoft is celebrating two big anniversaries by giving players the chance to download Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag and World in Conflict on Uplay PC for free. It’s been ten years since the release of critically acclaimed real-time strategy game World in Conflict, so from December 4 (9AM PST) through on December 11 (2AM PST), you’ll be able to download World in Conflict and its expansion (Soviet Assault) for free. Then, in honor of the tenth anniversary of the first Assassin’s Creed game, you’ll be able to get Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag for free from December 12 (6AM PST) through December 18 (2AM PST). As long as you download the games through Uplay during their free periods, they will be yours to keep and play whenever you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back