Forza introduces peer to peer trading. Velocity girl...get ready!

Finally MS has introduced the first example of the peer to peer trading system they lauded at E3 2005. It's the Forza online auction house, which is essentially an ingame EBAY, and given the great decal editor in Forza this could be extremely cool.

http://forzamotorsport.net/auctions/
AuctionHouse.jpg

Auction House in Forza Motorsport 2:
  • Create online auctions and sell your customized rides for big bucks. Dictate the terms of your sale by setting price, length of auction, instant buyout amount… even spend a little cash to mark your auction as a “featured” sale!
  • Bid and outbid others for the hottest cars on the market. Since no two cars are alike, even the most common vehicles have unique value and worth.
  • Auction House gives both car tuning experts and adept livery painters purpose as they can now build up in-game wealth through selling their masterpieces online.
  • The ability to hide car setups online turns tuning into a hot commodity.
  • The ability to lock paintjobs to their respective cars makes these customized cars truly one-of-a-kind.
  • Every vehicle comes with exhaustive car history data, including total distance and time driven, total winnings, total cost of repairs, number of races, number of owners, number of times sold, and more.
  • Every vehicle sold will also come with all its extra (and stock) parts in the trunk.
The only potential problem is exploits, in Forza 1 there was a free money exploit, that would ruin the entire concept of an online auction house. I guess with XBLive patches, this is not a big issue though.

Some examples of cars people created in Forza 1:
spider1.JPG

genlee.jpg

YoshiBug.jpg

I like this concept a lot. It adds depth to the customization aspects of the game. In fact, trying to become the #1 "professional" customizer could be a game itself. I think that I'll leave that to those with a more visually artistic bent and stick to the racing myself, though.

TD:U has peer to peer trading..

Which has allready been out for 6months or so..

As far as payment goes, TheCheF:
Just remember, all money spent and earned in FM2’s Auction House is in-game career cash.

Last edited by a moderator:
You cold use yoru own custom painting? Heheh it would have been funny if someone used some inappropriate "skin" for their cars :LOL:

Is there anything that keeps a person from selling copies of cars or skins? I certainly hope so, 'cause if not then people could resell items without creating anything.

Maybe I'm too cynical. This looks like a wonderful idea, but I can't believe that none of the copyright holders have ever objected.

Maybe I'm too cynical. This looks like a wonderful idea, but I can't believe that none of the copyright holders have ever objected.

And who would they go after? The guy that spent hours using a bunch of circles and rectangles to create something that looks like Yoshi?

Wait, are they saying that I can't literally paint a car to look like a car that is selling on the marketplace?? How are they gonna do that?
:???:

I think they mean there is no quick and easy way to take a paint job and copy it onto a bunch of cars. If you wanted to recreate it, you'd need to go through all of the manual steps.

I reckon it will sell very well.

The problem with the first Forza that it came out when the Xbox was basically allready dead, and everybody who liked car games played the PS2.

may 2005... time when 360 was announced... you are right!

i thought this game's success was affected by announcement of Project Gotham Racing 3 that time in some way... lol

Back