Forza Horizon 5 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Shortbread, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Seanspeed

Newcomer

Forza Motorsport is gonna be built with 60fps as a baseline during gameplay, and an extremely consistent 60fps at that, implying regular overhead. At least that's how FM games have always been done since FM2.

This will make RT during gameplay difficult to justify, especially for something like reflections which I imagine is what most people would want to see. So maybe, but I wouldn't be putting money on it. I'm not expecting it outside of autovista and maybe 30fps replays?

Who knows, though. Perhaps MS will finally have DirectML reconstruction worked out for games by then, affording them the overhead to do it without sacrificing the typical high resolution clarity that Forza games have always offered.

2. snc

snc
    Veteran Newcomer

and why is this a problem on pc market ? its not like cyberpunk is amazing fast on any radeon with rt on ultra

3. Jay

Jay
    Veteran Regular

You've answered it yourself, it's not fast enough on radeon for the locked 60 that it's going for.

Anyway that was just my theory, if it doesn't have RT in gameplay on PC, what is yours?

PSman1700 likes this.
  4. snc

snc
    Veteran Newcomer

no I didn't, just showed example that if radeon graphics are not fast enough for rt it doesn't mean there shouldn't be an option for pc game settings
    my theory ? Microsoft doesn't want to shows that xsx is not fast enough for rt during gameplay in this game but pc's are ok, it wouldn't be great marketing for them so understandable but would be little mad if I was pc player

5. Jay

Jay
    Veteran Regular

Oh, I don't disagree with that.
    Just giving reason why may not be the case.
    Would be seen as Nvidia only tech. Which I personally don't have problem with, but studios sometimes like to have some level of parity.

6. BRiT

BRiT (>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
    Moderator Legend Alpha

From Xbox On going through the Quality and Performance modes

7. fehu

Veteran Regular

I'm on a 4k monitor, and even pausing the video I'm unable to tell the difference

8. mr magoo

Regular Newcomer

great so it not only me :D

9. zed

zed
    Legend Veteran

Look at the vegetation esp. A lot more pop in with performance, but youre not gonna see much difference on a youtube video as the compression will mask differences.
    Looks good though

10. higherARC

Newcomer

This game has no right to look this good

[​IMG]

Nesh likes this.