Forza Horizon 4 [XO, XBSX|S, XPA]

DVNlTUM.jpg
vrafcRi.jpg

forzahorizon439g8ilw.png

45116204771_dd0ce067a3_k.jpg

FH1-3 had a more cartoony style, this time they really nailed the realistic look that I like better for racing games.
It looks really great.

Game looks really fantastic. Wish the seasonal changes wasn't locked to dev choice though.

What happens if you play the game offline, does the season just stay the same forever?

Game looks really fantastic. Wish the seasonal changes wasn't locked to dev choice though.

What happens if you play the game offline, does the season just stay the same forever?
its changes as per the story/your xp

Apparently the seasons change according to your system clock, but otherwise there doesn't appear to be a way to customize the current season & TOD for offline roaming, only just for blueprints.

It sucks for photographers because being inspired in the moment as opposed to having to wait week(s) is ridiculous. o_O:rolleyes:

Apparently the seasons change according to your system clock, but otherwise there doesn't appear to be a way to customize the current season & TOD for offline roaming, only just for blueprints.

It sucks for photographers because being inspired in the moment as opposed to having to wait week(s) is ridiculous. o_O:rolleyes:

So if you adjust/fast forward your system clock by a week will that change the season?

The lighting is definitely less realistic in HZD. The game doesn't aim for a photorealistic look though, but that could be also for technical reasons.

Material rendering and geometry are top notch though. And the rocks in that pic are an artistic choice.

This is how other type of rocks can look in the game :

horizonzerodawn_20170j9s2j.png

I watched the photography thread of FH4 on Resetera and i would say that the geometry and texture work is not the strongest point of the game.

But at this point, we might need to create a topic to compare open world games. Actually, we should not see pics of other games in this thread. So i apologize to the mods...

Geometry and textures are strong points in FH4 easily on X and pc ultra settings. I have played hzd and many other open world games and when I first booted up FH4 i was floored right away how it easily goes to toe to toe with any of them and many points beyond. The only thing I wish they can improve on is adding a better replay system. It would make this game shine that much more

FfgQeVa.jpg

4cbvufg.jpg

dvzEBf6.jpg

RY265GW.jpg

MauUxby.jpg

cp01XNo.jpg

HTn7EHa.jpg

I hope the next game is in Japan (to coincide with the Olympics). They should replace ANNA with some anime mascot ala Inori Aizawa.

Needs a showcase to jump over Mt. Fuji as it explodes.

Have a new type of danger sign that puts your vehicle in a launching device which is powered by revving your engine a certain way as a mini-game.

Last edited:
In a way, I'm glad the Winter is over. Here's a rundown of the gameplay experience:

1. no snow tires -> oh it's awful to drive.
2. bring up map full of icons
3. plot a course for Starbase 001
4. Enter Starbase 001 after 10 seconds
5. navigate menus
6. goto equip snow tires BUT also see that race tires have higher grip rating -> ????
7. Snow tires push me over the class rating for a race.
8. Reconfigure the car engine
9. back out of the menus
10. bring up map full of icons
11. head back to race location
12. race
13. new race, different car. Goto Line 1.

Even without dealing with the winter tires, it'd be nice to be able to test-drive the vehicle from the garage before you spend thousands of CR, then navigating the menus, then waiting for the house animation etc. The whole process of navigating the menus just to tune the car as well just makes it unnecessarily time consuming.

In a way, I'm glad the Winter is over. Here's a rundown of the gameplay experience:

1. no snow tires -> oh it's awful to drive.
2. bring up map full of icons
3. plot a course for Starbase 001
4. Enter Starbase 001 after 10 seconds
5. navigate menus
6. goto equip snow tires BUT also see that race tires have higher grip rating -> ????
7. Snow tires push me over the class rating for a race.
8. Reconfigure the car engine
9. back out of the menus
10. bring up map full of icons
11. head back to race location
12. race
13. new race, different car. Goto Line 1.

Even without dealing with the winter tires, it'd be nice to be able to test-drive the vehicle from the garage before you spend thousands of CR, then navigating the menus, then waiting for the house animation etc. The whole process of navigating the menus just to tune the car as well just makes it unnecessarily time consuming.
which version do you play? Xbox or PC?

which version do you play? Xbox or PC?
I have it installed on PC. Don't really see a need to install it on the console, besides, it's just easier for me to click through the filter list with the mouse scroll. >_>

After that latest big update, I've gone from playing daily to just giving it up. The Festival thing just feels overwhelming compared to just doing the daily/weekly forzathon challenge, and then just driving around for leisure.

Back