Forum downtime - Saturday October 17th @ 6am BST

Rys

Graphics @ AMD
Veteran
Supporter
The forums will be down for about an hour early on Saturday morning (my time, here in the UK), for the big-ish upgrade from XenForo 1.4 to XenForo 1.5 (1.5.1 actually, because we waited so long), now that all of the pieces are in place to do so.

I've done a dry run a few times now on the test site and things look good enough that I'm happy to do it for real. It'll probably break a bunch of stuff I haven't tested, but let's throw caution to the wind.

Might start the work a couple of hours later because, honestly, who was I kidding thinking it was a good idea to get up at 6am on a Saturday morning?

Apologies if that upsets anyone's planned posting schedule. Those epic threads will still be there when you get back. Assuming I don't delete everything by mistake. Done that before on that thread that time. Yeah.

Safe pair of hands.

All done. Let me know if you see anything screwy. Things that I know are a bit wonky:

The integration with @Arwin's TechInGames site is hit and miss after the theme upgrade changes (mostly miss). It worked fine on the dev site, so I'm not sure what's up. Investigating...

Fixed the TechInGames integration (and learned a bunch about how XenForo add-ons work at the same time, which was nice).

Thought the tags were nuked, but I guess they're at the top now or was that done a while ago? :>

Tags at the top is new (because I forgot to check a box). I'll move them back to the bottom soon.

Or not, putting it at the bottom makes it render twice. I'll fix that bug first before moving it back down to the bottom.

Back