Forum downtime - Friday July 3rd @ 6am BST

Rys

Graphics @ AMD
Veteran
Supporter
I'll be taking the forums down for about 2 hours tomorrow morning, to reorganise them and perform some maintenance. The entire forum structure as you know it will change, new forums will come in to being, some will be retired and archived and the focus of the forums will be tightened up.

The aim is to make it easier to find what you're looking for, know the right forum to post in and to promote the growth areas of the forums over the last few years to their own sections, rather than sub or sub-sub forums.

No posts will be deleted and the archive, where a lot of threads will go in the end, will be available to read, but not post in.

There'll be a thread where you can ask the moderator team and me to move threads to the right forum if I got it wrong during the reshuffle, to tidy things up. The only forum that's really getting its threads thrown to the new winds is the Handheld Technology forum, which will be growing quite a bit, so there's not much opportunity for me to really mess it up (FAMOUS LAST WORDS).

Bar the forum software change last year, this'll be the biggest change to the forums in the last decade, so hang on to your hats. Hope you enjoy the reorg!

Back