Formula 1 - 2020 Season

Imola this weekend then
122904664_10223776186058359_5398771482721417560_o.jpg

Great job Ricciardo!

Merc! Amazing 7 years in a row world record! I never thought I would see another team beat Ferrari's run or another driver even beat Michael Schumacher's record again in my life time and now two weeks in a row and two amazing new World Records for Mercedes.

Bravo! :smile2:

Any chance of albon still having a job after another horrible race?
Vettel still has one, so there’s always hope. ;) Though Vettel actually did pretty well today until his botched pitstop. If Honda’s guy gets the second AT seat, will RB really bring in a Perez or Hulk, or will they stick with Albon? I’d love an explanation of why neither he nor Gasly adapted to the RB as well as Ricciardo. Is it driving style or a feel/reaction time deficit?

Kvyat was also racy in a good way today.

You have to be in the lead, which he was. That's merit enough.
He hadn’t pitted yet, so his lead was in name only, though he is consistently better on tires than Bottas and I think he had a pit stop in hand even tho the Sky guys said he didn’t (pit stop was 27s and he had like 28s). Was Bottas called to pit early to cover Max or because his tires were done?

That safety car was some serious serendipity for Hamilton. It didn’t even last a full lap, but it happened while he was driving by the pits. Shame that it took the drama out of the race. The fight for second place isn’t interesting if neither have a chance to challenge first.

Annoying that the Sky guys didn’t analyze or even question why Stroll was so slow after his first lap pit stop. Yes, he went to hards, but I don’t think he was catching up to Magnussen who was like 20s up the road (and who also had a lap one pit to I assume hards). Maybe he had more than just front wing damage.

Merc is really crushing it. Even if they have an engine advantage, you have to admire their ability to maximize it. Ferrari wasn’t able to maximize their brief advantage.

Kvyat was also racy in a good way today.
Yes, Yay!
After a couple of pretty forgettable results (didn't get to see them & was actually not really paying attention on that restart, playing my game) but still not likely to be enough to keep his seat :(

Real rough luck for Gasly, Russell & Verstappen.
That safety car was some serious serendipity for Hamilton.
Almost suspiciously so :runaway:

Even if they have an engine advantage, you have to admire their ability to maximize it.
Absolutely unrelated to
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...to-help-red-bull .5m4lDRq7vBjKc0YBCCORjo.html :LOL:

He hadn’t pitted yet, so his lead was in name only, though he is consistently better on tires than Bottas and I think he had a pit stop in hand even tho the Sky guys said he didn’t (pit stop was 27s and he had like 28s).
Sure but when he went into the lead he pulled out fastest lap after fastest lap to eek out those 28s. I suppose it didn't help that Bottas had damage to his car as he would have certainly kept that lead if not for that.

Was Bottas called to pit early to cover Max or because his tires were done?
The damage occured on lap 2 according to Merc. He was however brought in to cover Max and wisely so, had he come in a lap later, Max would have passed him no doubt. Pity about Max's tyre going, it was a fun race until then.

Last edited:
lewis was lucky but thats just the way it works sometimes, he's also been out-racing bottas all year basically

bottas needs to get in lewis' head if he wants to do a rosberg and time is running out, because lewis may quit f1 soon (soon can be all from quitting after this year or continuing for more years)
wolff seems to be out as team principal at mercedes, the noises hes making are too "noisy", and into a kinda job that niki lauda had but with more executive power, maybe going to half the races

lewis was lucky but thats just the way it works sometimes, he's also been out-racing bottas all year basically

bottas needs to get in lewis' head if he wants to do a rosberg and time is running out, because lewis may quit f1 soon (soon can be all from quitting after this year or continuing for more years)
wolff seems to be out as team principal at mercedes, the noises hes making are too "noisy", and into a kinda job that niki lauda had but with more executive power, maybe going to half the races
I am not so sure Wolff is out. I think when there was talk that he could take over as head of F1, that he needed to not be head of Merc hence the talk of him leaving. But now that F1 has a new head, Wolff already said he is staying with Merc two weeks ago.

Over a year and I don't think Bottas will beat Lewis. He needs to do a Rosberg and go all anti-Lewis for that to happen and I don't think he will. But in all fairness, this year has been close. I haven't seen as much Q3 times under 0.1s as I did this year usually with results of 0.01 to 0.07s being the norm. That's extremely close of a F1 car. Hell 0.1 to 0.3s would be close. And Bottas has lost a majority of those. There was one with 0.00x earlier this year.

Did he sleep well this night? I mean, is it a good idea to go to McLaren next year?
I think McLaren looks good. They have lost points needlessly and should be in 3rd position in the Team Standing but as it stands, Ricciardo has put Renault in current third with 1 point. Also McLaren will have the Mercedes engine next year so if McLaren develop the car properly, they should be slotted third for sure as I don't see F1 allowing Racing Point to make another duplicate of this years Mercedes.

Writing on Instagram on Sunday night, Russell wrote: "I'll never forget this day, this mistake. I'll learn from it, be stronger for it. I'm so sorry, to the whole team. No excuses."

That prompted Lewis Hamilton and Romain Grosjean, two of F1's most senior drivers, to send their support to the 22-year-old.

"George, you were giving it your all," wrote six-time champion Hamilton.

"It's ok to make mistakes and it's ok to feel the pain. I've made more than I can remember. You're great bud. Keep your head up and keep pushing, on to the next one."

Grosjean, who himself crashed behind the Safety Car in Baku in 2018, wrote: "Man, I know the feeling. Will take some time to forget it, but what you do is mega. Keep pushing."

Read More: https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/1...-apologises-for-unaccpetable-safety-car-crash

wow thats a huge piece

also big props to lewis and romain for their messages to george

I think McLaren looks good. They have lost points needlessly and should be in 3rd position in the Team Standing but as it stands, Ricciardo has put Renault in current third with 1 point. Also McLaren will have the Mercedes engine next year so if McLaren develop the car properly, they should be slotted third for sure as I don't see F1 allowing Racing Point to make another duplicate of this years Mercedes.

Google translator: https://translate.google.com/transl...schlechtesten-geschlafen-hat-daniel-ricciardo

(In May it still smelled of Zoff! :mrgreen:)

McLaren has long loaned everything in Woking that is not nailed down. Even the factory, a 350 million euro prestige Dennis property called the "McLaren Technology Center" (which even has its own Wikipedia entry), was de facto mortgaged.

Shmee summarizes the SSC Tuatara “331mph” car controversy, with some new data. Not a good look for SSC or MotorTrend. Apparently (per Bo Bah’s comment in the video) the Koenigsegg Registry Facebook group did some sleuthing (the suspicions may have originated from them?) and found that the Dewetron GPS SDK used for the presumably custom display on the in-car laptop is open source, so that’s another avenue for mistakes/mischief. Also, SSC’s Shelby isn’t related to Carol Shelby.

Back