Formula 1 - 2018 Season

Ricciardo tempted to test out the halo?

Could be worse though. Grosjan doesn't even need to race to crash.

Oh and I'd be happy to have brundle back on commentary next race. Did resta is useless.

Somebody knows why brundle is missing three races this year?

Is he off racing? I think that happened last year?

This year all the 50/50 moves ves makes to keep or take positions are just not working for him, like they wouldn't for most other drives.

He won't be commenting at Sochi and Suzuka I believe.

Btw I'm don't fully agree on ves comments. Looks more like Ricciardo drove in the back of him.

Btw I'm don't fully agree on ves comments. Looks more like Ricciardo drove in the back of him.
There was definitely some questionable movement by Verstappen, but Ricciardo was always relying on Max opening the door for him. I don't think anyone that has seen Max race before would consider him doing that even remotely likely. I think it'll probably be declared a racing incident.

@cjo Anthony's Davidson's explanation on the Skyped was good I think.

@pharma under breaking. Which they weren't.

Anyway all of you lot that want to see driver's just give up and give away places why don't you just sit next to the local highway for two hours each Sunday.

I want to see racing. Not two hours of "after you, sir".

He won't be commenting at Sochi and Suzuka I believe.

Notice how Verstappen is weaving left, right and back left? You're allowed 1 defensive line change, not 3, and when he did his third move he also slammed the brakes, leaving Ricciardo no room to go anywhere except the wall or Verstappens behind. Verstappen also made several times even if not necessarily rule breaking, but still frowned upon moves like forcing his own team mate, who had just passed him fair and square, to either crash them both to wall or yield the position back to Verstappen who had no real claim for it.

Verstappen has no place in F1, he time and time again shows he belongs witht the (pre-penalty) Grosjean and Maldonado.

@pharma under breaking. Which they weren't.
Straight quote from F1 rulebook:
More than one change of direction to defend a position is not permitted.
The article has no mention of "under braking" or any such.
https://www.formula1.com/en/champio.../Licenses_driving_protocol_and_penalties.html
Anyway all of you lot that want to see driver's just give up and give away places why don't you just sit next to the local highway for two hours each Sunday.

I want to see racing. Not two hours of "after you, sir".
There's a difference between one and same guy forcing everyone else on the grid to either yield or crash every single time he's anywhere near another car and racing.

There's a difference between one and same guy forcing everyone else on the grid to either yield or crash every single time he's anywhere near another car and racing.
Didn't Senna have a reputation for pretty much exactly that?

Did the ruling come out yet regarding Max? I think it was mentioned they would also look at his previous races. Max definitely has a case of DSB's.
"Dreaded Sperm Buildup"

Didn't Senna have a reputation for pretty much exactly that?

If you watch the senna documentary that came out a couple of years ago they pretty much said that. He'd crash into people need be so they would let him go next time to avoid crashing.

The infamous Suzuka incident with prost, he almost literally said either he'd be first after the first corner or neither of them would be.

But anyway there is no point in arguing with kaotik. His comments consist of either bitching about how everybody is against his Fins or complain about verstappen because he's clearly better than his Fins.

Verstappen was reprimanded by the Stewards

The Stewards heard from Daniel Ricciardo, the driver of car 3, Max Verstappen, the driver of car 33 and the team representative. Both drivers contributed to the collision. The driver of car 33 made two moves, both of which were relatively minor. The driver of car 3 admitted he left his move to overtake on the left, too late. It was obvious to the stewards that although the incident had its origins in the moves by car 33, the driver of car 3 also contributed to the incident. Both drivers expressed regret about their respective contributions to the incident, during the Stewards’ hearing.

Any driver receiving three reprimands during a season will automatically receive a ten-place grid penalty for the current or next event, but only if two or more of the reprimands were for driving infringements.

https://www.fia.com/file/67805/download?token=U9kJOWL1

You don't have to bitch about somebody doing whatever to your previous fins kaotik?
Huh? Verstappen didn't have anything to do with either one of the finns today (unless the debris deflating Bottas' rear tyre was from his car but I doubt it)

But anyway there is no point in arguing with kaotik. His comments consist of either bitching about how everybody is against his Fins or complain about verstappen because he's clearly better than his Fins.
Maybe you should step out from whatever illusion you're under instead of going to call crap about other users :rolleyes:

Maybe you should step out from whatever illusion you're under instead of going to call crap about other users :rolleyes:
He does have a point Kaotik, your posts on F1 threads are generally pretty unreasonable, especially when it concerns one of your favourite drivers.

Fantastic actionfilled race. Verstappen 53%-55% at fault because of his signature double-move in defense.

Heart-breaking for Bottas.

There have been some cracking races so far this season, it's very entertaining.

He does have a point Kaotik, your posts on F1 threads are generally pretty unreasonable, especially when it concerns one of your favourite drivers.

I agree with pretty much every single point Kaotik posts.

And I even don’t know who his favorite is, nor do I share his favorite driver (Gerhard Berger, anyone?!?)

Back