Formal complaint on moderator behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grall

Invisible Member
Legend
Was gonna PM this, but I believe I'm entitled to my say in public.

"You know i hate to side with chap . But when has anyone on this site claimed anything more than 4 ghz (and thats pushing what we have said) for the xbox 2. This thread is very pointless and imho just here to start a flame war. Please Grall do not post this kind of junk again. Esp not with a topic like this .

You have been warned"

Oh this is totally REDICULOUS!

There was nothing wrong with the title (unless you're an xbot, no need to get upset), nor was my first post attacking or insulting anyone.

The topic was going along JUST FINE until chap came along and turned it into a bash-sony/cell/ps3-fest (particulary on the second page), chanting 'lock, lock lock' for no reason, doing 1337-5p33k etc, and now you blame ME for him having derailed the thread? That is truly kafka-like, you side with the friggin troublemaker!

UNACCEPTABLE!

Next time try to do your job as moderator, delete the off-topic posts (which incidentally includes every single one of chap's), instead of simply locking the thread and thereby ending an interesting and worthy discussion topic.

Finally:
I demand not only an apology from you, but also that you place the blame where it truly belongs as well.

Now ball is in your court, matey...

*G*

This should really be moved to the general forum as it has nothing to do with consoles but i will let it stay.

The very topic it self is meant to distile unrest in the xbox fans camps. If i posted ps3 will suck or whatever the cool internet talk is it and then posted that sell would run at 200mhz i would be flamed to god knows how long. So that kind of post is not needed. Esp since anyone that reads it will see how quickly it went to a flame war . All the sane people on this board know that xbox 2 will be from 2-3 ghz . Unless intel brings out some very cool running laptop chips higher than 3 ghz and in the right price range for the xbox 2. Which i don't think any of us will believe.

I my self hope they will use a 3 ghz athlon 64 but no one think they will go this way.

Next time post your message In an adult fasion with an adult tittle . Promote insightfull disscusions instead of flame wars and I will not lock your thread.

If you can not do this please do not post in this forum .

jvd said:
The very topic it self is meant to distile unrest in the xbox fans camps.

Oh, so you claim to be a mindreader, huh? Well I'll have you know it was meant to be no such thing, it was a title, nothing more.

If i posted ps3 will suck or whatever the cool internet talk is it and then posted that sell would run at 200mhz i would be flamed to god knows how long.

Sure you would, but my post was nothing like that. It was a set of logical arguments, not some random flame of anyone or anything in particular.

Esp since anyone that reads it will see how quickly it went to a flame war .

Due to ONE PARTICULAR person turning it into one, yes! Do you see any flamewar going on until chap got into the mix? If you can't see how his presence made everything slide downhill faster and faster due to his severe f*nboyish behavior, I'd be FORCED to conclude you're both blind and stupid. That's not a flame by the way, so don't go warn me again or anything like that.

All the sane people on this board know that xbox 2 will be from 2-3 ghz .

We were still having a nice discussion on the topic until this disruptive element came along.

We can't KNOW XB will have CPU in range of 2-3GHz (personally I am expecting 4, like I said previously), because M$ hasn't said anything on the topic yet. Likely in part because they don't want to jinx any sales of their current box, and in part because maybe they don't know yet exactly how far they have to go. So you're basically saying we're not allowed to discuss speed of XB2, is that it?

Well, are there any other consoles we're not allowed to discuss CPU speed of? How about GPU speed?

Maybe you should just make up a list of forbidden topics right now so I won't have to guess, huh?

Next time post your message In an adult fasion with an adult tittle .

It was adult enough for EVERYONE except chap. If that is not telling enough for you, well, then what can I say? The guy is behaving obnoxiously, and you still blame me for it. *sighs and shakes head*

*G*

to post my thoughts on the subject: I agree that the title could have been chosen to a more 'mature' one, rather than using the word "Xbotz" and provoking a reply from exactly those people.

I however also agree with Grall that closing topics isn't always the best way to go. Personally, I wanted to post something rather useful (more like a question) to the thread, but couldn't because it was locked. Perhaps changing the topic's name and deleting the flaming bits and rubbish from a certain member would have done more good?

Why create more work for myself Phil. Its very hard to mod this board. Its meant to be done in my spare time. I went away for the weekend and had 6 pms of complaints in my inbox. This isn't my job. I do this to help out the Owners of this website. Its probono (sp?) as they say. The top you speak of was 30 pages long. To sit down and weed out ever problem post and every post that has a problem post quoted yet adding to the discussion would take a very long time. The simple fact is not to start flaming. Use facts to arguee your point.

Grall as soon as i logged in and saw that post I knew exactly what my pms were about. So really don't give me that line that oh its not supposed to . Because it was other wise you would have post "Reasons why Xbox 2 will not have a high ghz chip" Or something that didn't imply that the xbox 2 would be less than a ps3. As I said if you can't post in an adult way please do not post here . Its that simple .

Why create more work for myself Phil. Its very hard to mod this board. Its meant to be done in my spare time. I went away for the weekend and had 6 pms of complaints in my inbox. This isn't my job. I do this to help out the Owners of this website. Its probono (sp?) as they say. The top you speak of was 30 pages long. To sit down and weed out ever problem post and every post that has a problem post quoted yet adding to the discussion would take a very long time. The simple fact is not to start flaming. Use facts to arguee your point.

jvd - I see where you're coming from and I am in no way siding with Grall, as I completely agree that the title was the lowest of his attention, apart of the actual content being good and interesting.

It's sad to see though, that we are reaching a stage where one has to be careful of not postining something that might provoke other members (in fact, I shouldn't be speaking of multiple members since it's mainly only one). The sad thing though is, most people didn't take the title of the topic too serious - but for one. Should 'we' be the ones that check that everything comes across as not offensive, or should the 'others' learn to adjust to the overall level of this board? If more than one poster would have reacted in the way you were concerned about, then yes, I would understand. It's only one member though that picked it up the wrong way - everything before the entering of the member in question was normal and civilized. And I think this is a general issue and doesn't just apply to Grall's topic.

And jvd, with all due respect - a moderators job is to moderate a forum and with that, make decisions of when to allow something and when not. If you feel you don't have the time to do the job that defines a moderator, then I seriously think you should ask yourself if you're up for the task.

Dude, I can't friggin believe you're still blaming me for what the lame flamer does around here. Do you see anyone other than chap behaving childishly and petty in that thread? I don't think so man.

Think for one second what and WHO the actual problem is here, I think you will be forced to conclude the same thing as I do.

FACT: everything was just fine until Chap started derailing the topic with posts like: "We know whacha MS is goona put inside. Not unlike the PS3! ItS THE C3LL! L33t co00L ubER StuFFs yA say!"

Do you call THAT adult?

Dude, the reason I said "xbotz" in the topic was because I was trying to give deadmeat a winking ironic eye for his rampant, overboard speculation-implying-fact that XB2 would have a 6GHz tejas chip whilst simultaneously complaining that cell would be a powerhungry monster.

I don't even know if DM's an xbot (he's anti-sony, that's for sure, but that doesn't make him an xbot). I certainly didn't intend for chap to come and turn a serious discussion into a mudpit!

Now for the fucking love of god, could you please try to stop blaming me for the actions of others? I'm really getting irritated here you know.

*G*

Yay blame me again, when you yourself started a topic title that is blatantly poised to incite the Xbox community. Chryz has warned you even before i came into it. Live with it kid. If you cannot abide by B3D forums rules, there are plenty of other gaming forums around.

Stop blaming others for your silly behaviour. :rolleyes:

chaphack said:
Yay blame me again, when you yourself started a topic title that is blatantly poised to incite the Xbox community. Chryz has warned you even before i came into it. Live with it kid. If you cannot abide by B3D forums rules, there are plenty of other gaming forums around.

yeah, unlike the oh so few thread urself have created OBVIOUSLY aimed at anti-sony flamewars. one of which is still running, the "Sony lost 98% of profit!" or whatever it's called.
the title of that thread is CLEARLY provocatory, more so than Grall's thread. At least Grall's thread made sense...

everyone has been complaining about u Chap for months. the only person in here who doesnt seem to recognise the fact that without u this board would be a much better, more intelligent, more coherent place is, funny enough, JVD who happens (for your sake) to be a moderator for some unclear reason.

when u're not flaming u just post stupid things that just have nothing to do with the initial thread. but i would say that flaming does occupy 90% of your time here, while other people try to have decent conversation.

u have made it really frustrating for some people to have decent conversations if only for the fact that we can always expect one of your stupid/flaming posts at any one point....

see, these are the reasons.

and when i think that at one point i thought u "got better"... nope, u come back with a vengeance even worse than before. :rolleyes:

Phil said:

jvd - I see where you're coming from and I am in no way siding with Grall, as I completely agree that the title was the lowest of his attention, apart of the actual content being good and interesting.

It's sad to see though, that we are reaching a stage where one has to be careful of not postining something that might provoke other members (in fact, I shouldn't be speaking of multiple members since it's mainly only one). The sad thing though is, most people didn't take the title of the topic too serious - but for one. Should 'we' be the ones that check that everything comes across as not offensive, or should the 'others' learn to adjust to the overall level of this board? If more than one poster would have reacted in the way you were concerned about, then yes, I would understand. It's only one member though that picked it up the wrong way - everything before the entering of the member in question was normal and civilized. And I think this is a general issue and doesn't just apply to Grall's topic.

And jvd, with all due respect - a moderators job is to moderate a forum and with that, make decisions of when to allow something and when not. If you feel you don't have the time to do the job that defines a moderator, then I seriously think you should ask yourself if you're up for the task.

With all do respect I do moderate. That is why we are having this discusion because at the end of the day it is my decison on closing a thread. I do at times delete one post here or there if i can catch it on time . But sometimes its best just to lock a thread if i'm gone for two hours and a 4 page flame starts. Its not my job to to pick through 8 pages or so of a problem and take out one or two threads because it will just start up again. That is why your thread is locked. Because its hard to weed out problems in a 30+ thread that had run its course a long time before that. Not only that but its not good for the server to call up that many big threads.

Just lock this topic mod, couldnt be bothered to waste more time with those "clever" and "decent" posters around.

If Grall somehow felt so damn undone, even though what he has done, why dont you just take it to Dave. And yes Grall, i did tried to piss on your topic, because it was sucky from the start. If you had used a more humble title, i would have been less hostile. Tit for Tat they saith.

Silly behaviour? Oh please... :rolleyes:

"We know whacha MS is goona put inside. Not unlike the PS3! ItS THE C3LL! L33t co00L ubER StuFFs yA say!"

"Still i guess PCs are going to suddenly die out because 2x heat is TEH SUCKOR!!! WE CANNOT HANDLE IToR! All hail the new king for multimedia --- THE CELLSTATION!!!! Super cool, super cold, super CELLTASTIC!"

"No, and i dont consider myself to be owned. Unless we get a more civil topic, this thread is not worth my time. NEXT."
(After which you made four more posts.)

"So says the PSTools....what is it with Sony fanny anyway? Cant they stand a different view? Cant they take criticism for the crap of a ovehyped HW in the PS2? Cant they take skepticism over the glory of Cell? Whats wrong with speaking up for the Xbox tech? Is because it XB == MS? BILl GaTEs Is TEh Gehy!!!?"

I repeat:
Oh please... :rolleyes:

It totally amazes me when JvD ignores all this and then singles me out for a warning for the ONE word I used which might be considered inflammatory; "xbotz" in the topic. It simply boggles the mind!

*quickly erases joke about chap/JvD being male lovers*

And chap, don't you friggin talk to me about blatant incitement, there's not a single member on this board that has posted/started more anti-PS2 posts/threads than you. Even Deadmeat pales in significance. Don't even dare to deny it, we all know it's true.

*G*

PS: Thanks Londonboy. :)

london-boy said:
chaphack said:

yeah, unlike the oh so few thread urself have created OBVIOUSLY aimed at anti-sony flamewars. one of which is still running, the "Sony lost 98% of profit!" or whatever it's called.
the title of that thread is CLEARLY provocatory, more so than Grall's thread. At least Grall's thread made sense...

everyone has been complaining about u Chap for months. the only person in here who doesnt seem to recognise the fact that without u this board would be a much better, more intelligent, more coherent place is, funny enough JVD who happens (for your sake) to be a moderator for some unclear reason.

when u're not flaming u just post stupid things that just have nothing to do with the initial thread. but i would say that flaming does occupy 90% of your time here, while other people try to have decent conversation.

u have made it really frustration for some people to have decent conversation if onl for the fact that we can always expect one of your stupid/flaming posts at any one point....

see, these are the reasons.

and when i think that at one point i thought u "got better"... nope, u come back with a vengeance even worse than before. :rolleyes:

Acutally i do under stand that . I also under stand there are about 5 others that are just as bad as chap but in regards to the ps3. So I have 6 names I sent to higher ups .

You'd be surprised how much I let the ps3 zelot fans get away with. So with all do respect I have to let chap get away with the same thing .

Problem is most people have a slanted view. Chap s post is only unlocked because it actually points to an article that says sonys stock or profits or whatever it is went down that amount. ALthough yes the topic's name will be changed as I talked to paul about this last night and he knows this is pegg on my list. I am trying to figure out a better name for it and Right now I'm at work so I only have a few mins to run in and post .

chaphack said:

I warned him not to "adapt this improper behavior", basically I had you in mind. Most the time, I value Grall's opinion, but sometimes he is too harsh, a more diplomatic approach would be more suitable.

Grall why don't u ask chap how many times I've told him to use normal english. Have you checked how many times I've posted in his threads about it . How many pms have been sent . No you do not . SO i would not run your mouth . I've only told you once compared to the 10 or so times I've told chap.

Like i said tits for tats. If you want talk 6Ghz Tejas then talk 6Ghz Tejas. Xbotz blah blah blah...silly. Again tit for tat, your topic deserves to be locked.

Sorry. Go stand in a corner and think through it, think about your true intentions, think about whether what you did was right, think about how much better the topic could go if certain things were not done.

chaphack said:
Just lock this topic mod, couldnt be bothered to waste more time with those "clever" and "decent" posters around.

If Grall somehow felt so damn undone, even though what he has done, why dont you just take it to Dave. And yes Grall, i did tried to piss on your topic, because it was sucky from the start. If you had used a more humble title, i would have been less hostile. Tit for Tat they saith.

ok so... that means that everytime u post, u dont like the initial topic, because all u do here is piss on people's topics...

and, really, leave the "if u used a more humble title" to other people, really, make yourself a favour, because, as usual, u're making urself look like a fool.

pretty much every thread u start is as flaming and as provocatory as they come. and every post u submit has an element of stupidity in them.

and u come here telling JVD to just lock this thread because u don't like what people are saying and have been saying for months? come on, i think u are very aware of the fact that u r a troll, after all that's all u do. if u urself do not realise the effect u have on this board then i feel very sorry for u.

chaphack said:
Like i said tits for tats. If you want talk 6Ghz Tejas then talk 6Ghz Tejas. Xbotz blah blah blah...silly. Again tit for tat, your topic deserves to be locked.

Sorry. Go stand in a corner and think through it, think about your true intentions, think about whether what you did was right, think about how much better the topic could go if certain things were not done.
Chap I'm quite able to defend myself . Although I don't believe I really have to . So please don't post more flame food .

london-boy said:
chaphack said:

ok so... that means that everytime u post, u dont like the initial topic, because all u do here is piss on people's topics...

and, really, leave the "if u used a more humble title" to other people, really, make yourself a favour, because, as usual, u're making urself look like a fool.

pretty much every thread u start is as flaming and as provocatory as they come. and every post u submit has an element of stupidity in them.

and u come here telling JVD to just lock this thread because u don't like what people are saying and have been saying for months? come on, i think u are very aware of the fact that u r a troll, after all that's all u do. if u urself do not realise the effect u have on this board then i feel very sorry for u.

See this is the problem . Instead of ignoring him like i've asked . You just keep on giving him a reason to do this . I don't know . It seems like you like being played by chap .

Oh please, do a check on how many threads i started off late....and how many of them targetting a certain community of B3D. I admit my long past threads were quite fanboyish, but they are now long gone.

I dont like the way people are trying to degradatory incite a community. I have nothing against the 6Ghz Tejas talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back