Football Manager 2010!

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by deeFive, Jan 19, 2010.

1. deeFive

Newcomer

is anybody here playing this or intereseted in playing online? we could play with standard teams or have a B3d fantasy draft!!!!

2. Enzyme

Newcomer

I was thinking about picking it up today, but eventually I didn't.

How does it play?
    The last one I played was 2007 I believe, and then I went to FIFA Manager 2009.

3. deeFive

Newcomer

they have changed the game quite a lot theres a lot less of sliders and a move to giving your players roles in your team and getting the tactics right for your team, they players all seem to have stats lowered from last year, with is a good thing imo. it also seems that super tactics dont work any more as cpu managers now seem to counter which they didnt do before.

there is a demo i think whats FiFA manager like?

4. Enzyme

Newcomer

Fifa Manager is actually pretty much the same, just a bit more graphical in their matches, but I saw Footbal Manager also got a 3D engine.
    There is a lot of individual player managment needed, development of your own personal self, a lot of options for public speaking, having to find own sponsors, ....
    A bit more limited in competitions, specially in depth, mostly just first and second leagues, third for some bigger soccernations and that's about it.

The thing I did like about FIFA Manager is that in the beginning of the game, there is actually some kind of a "career mode", where you have to start with a smaller team and have to work your way up, which I was always missing from Footbal Manager, where you could start with any team you'd like, and move between teams pretty easiy.

5. deeFive

Newcomer

is there a demo for fifa and the lower leagues seem to have been made more difficult in FM2010, how do the player stats work in fifa?

F as for FM's gfx the TV view is now the best way to play the game and watch the match to see where teams are getting at you i recomend it! or try the demo its on steam if you have a steam account

6. Enzyme

Newcomer

There is a demo: http://www.fm10.de/publish/en/home/news/news.html -> banner on top (it is around 900MB though).
    The stats: Well, you improve individual stats by telling each player which stat to increase. When a stat is increased (it takes a couple of weeks to increase a stat by 1) the player automatically chooses another stat to increase. It is possible to give some indication as to which stats should be increased though.

I don't have a steam account yet, maybe it's time to finally create one. :)

7. Zaphod

Zaphod Remember
    Veteran

FIFA Manager still doesn't begin to measure up to FM in terms of depth. FM veterans won't like it. It's more accessible, though, and might the best of the bunch for people who 'just want to play a manager sim from time to time' without investing time and emotion in it as if it was a religion.

8. deeFive

Newcomer

i have just tried FiFA manager and Zaphod is right it does seem very casual and easy to get into i wont discount its depth yet but still prefer FM, also are people up for playing online we could have a fantansy draft (pick squads of 22 players - must include 10 u18's) next weekend !

9. Enzyme

Newcomer

I never really got too deep into both of the games, so I really can't compare them depthwise.
    Don't have enough time to invest in the game anymore, but I still like to play from time to time, and then it's usually just one or to matches before I save and quit again. :)