Fond Memories

Haha, this was posted on my college board this morning, it must be getting around. Most excellent stuff indeed.

I don't want fucking itunes, if I wanted fucking itunes, I'd go to apple and fucking download it. I refuse to get it just because apple's being a BITCH and bundles it up with friggin quicktime - and the two being completely unrelated I might add! So, no more GOD DAMN QUICKTIME BS for me!

And no, please don't reply with "quicktime alternative", I can't be bothered with hacked shit that don't always work anyway. Who knows what they've done with that stuff anyway, could be anything hidden away in it.

So what if I miss a nintendo nostalgia video, I'll live. No, bring on microsoft and their monopoly I say and destroy this apple crap!

Guden Oden said:
I don't want fucking itunes, if I wanted fucking itunes, I'd go to apple and fucking download it. I refuse to get it just because apple's being a BITCH and bundles it up with friggin quicktime - and the two being completely unrelated I might add! So, no more GOD DAMN QUICKTIME BS for me!

And no, please don't reply with "quicktime alternative", I can't be bothered with hacked shit that don't always work anyway. Who knows what they've done with that stuff anyway, could be anything hidden away in it.

So what if I miss a nintendo nostalgia video, I'll live. No, bring on microsoft and their monopoly I say and destroy this apple crap!

Heh, I can understand you. Funny video though ;)

Ty said:
http://www.milkandcookies.com/links/28721/

Though admittedly I couldn't recall some of the themes by listening to them (I didn't have a NES till the format was long dead :( ).

Apologies if this has been posted before.

That was pretty damn good. :)

Guden Oden said:
A) You should use iTunes. I mean, I resisted for a while, but ultimately had to give in. ;)
B) You can... you know... simply uninstall iTunes afterward or just NOT USE IT, can't you? Who really cares what else gets downloaded/installed along with? Just about everything we download comes with "features we don't want" so you could simply consider iTunes that. ;)
C) One really shouldn't go through their internet life missing widely-used formats/codecs. Heck, I suck it up once in a while and use Real when Real Alternative isn't up to the task.

You have some really odd complaints once in a while. ;)

cthellis42 said:
Guden Oden said:
A) You should use iTunes. I mean, I resisted for a while, but ultimately had to give in. ;)
B) You can... you know... simply uninstall iTunes afterward or just NOT USE IT, can't you? Who really cares what else gets downloaded/installed along with? Just about everything we download comes with "features we don't want" so you could simply consider iTunes that. ;)
C) One really shouldn't go through their internet life missing widely-used formats/codecs. Heck, I suck it up once in a while and use Real when Real Alternative isn't up to the task.

You have some really odd complaints once in a while. ;)

I just install the free Real player, Quicktime, then disable any autorun programs and use Media Player Classic for any video based media(and Winamp for music). The Quicktime format itself is very nice.

Reznor007 said:
I just install the free Real player, Quicktime, then disable any autorun programs and use Media Player Classic for any video based media(and Winamp for music). The Quicktime format itself is very nice.
Yeah, that's pretty much my default state. (After piling lots of codecs in, of course. ;) ) Though I eventually made the move to iTunes as my music collection got obscenely larger. I still use WinAmp for just "playing an MP3" though, so I don't want iTunes trying to stick it automatically in my collection, nor do I want a bigger player simply to hear a sound file. (Plus, WinAmp has more codec options itself.)

The main frustration I had before was never being able to keep the "Work Offline" part of WMP checked, but they at least SEEM to have changed that practice now.

Guden:

I'm not sure if the Quicktime format is supported, but you should give Video LAN a shot. Best and IMO worthy alternative to any other movie player. Of course you can't use it for all online video streams, but it's a great alternative for offline stored files.

Supports most Media player files (except decrypted wmv's of course), avi, even VOBs or incomplete chunks of video streams.

Back