Flight Games....

Yes im a fetish 8)

Im wondered if anyone know the studio that did Sky Odysee for PS2(Great game) and what they up to know.
Second on the Xbox CrimsonSkies does anyone know of a followupp to this great game?
Oh and PilotWings it became nada right... :cry:

The studio that did Sky Odyssey was Cross, doesn't seem like they have done anything else since(atleast that I know off).

As for Crimson and Pilotwings, nothing has been announce regarding followups for these games....yet.

IIRC, the team that made Crimson Skies split from Microsoft to create a new studio. Ed Fries said in a recent interview that they have a new game coming and he is helping them find a publisher for it. According to IGN, Factor 5 was working on a Pilotwings followup, but then they became PS3 exclusive.

Blazing Angels is looking like it might be pretty good. Unfortunately, it hasn't been getting much attention because its an xbox exclusive coming in just before (or after?) the X360 launch.

Afterburner!

I want MS to make a flight simulator for x360... with procedural trees and landscapes so I can fly around America without leaving my seat!

There's the next gen Afterburner game that Sega is working on, but it's not likely to offer up the freedom of movement that the other games mentioned in this thread do. It is damned pretty, though.

mckmas8808 said:
What about a next-generation PS3 Ace Combat game. Wow did you see what they did on the PS2? :oops:
Speaking of which, I recently saw an invite from Namco for a survey regarding the next-generation Ace Combat, taking place in San Francisco. I can't wait to see what that team cooks up on next-gen hardware. In fact, I can't wait for next-gen, period. :p

Flight sims should probablt be the most realistic looking games next-gen. You're entire poly-budget can be splashed out on the aircraft as the ground is just a DOF blurred terrain a zillion miles away.

I guess there'll be the option to fly low clipping trees maybe, and the airfields will have to be nicely rendered. But screenshots from in-flight ought to look near-as-damn-it like photos IMO.

Back