flashing 8800gts questions...

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by Blakhart, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Blakhart

Newcomer

So the gts doesn't have a reduced 2d clock. Did any gts downclock? Is there any reason why I can't add one with nibitor? The thing starts out fairly quiet, but eventualy warms up and the fan starts to speed up. And then there may be another benefit over noise, that of less current used. it's a standard gts 320, but the guy I got it from has set it to run at 600MHz and it has done so for over a year just fine. Since it runs kinda warm no matter what you're doing I want to give it a standard gts oc bios at 570 MHz or so but add the ability to downclock in 2d.

Any thoughts appreciated!

2. Blakhart

Newcomer

I ended up using nvflash to flash to the original gts bios but with added 3d oc and 2d at reduced speed. Runs fine.