Flashed my dlink router now no net YAY! :/

bloodbob

Trollipop
Veteran
Yeah for dlink I bought in june a dsl500 they sent me an ORIGINAL model of it from august 2002 with the august 2002 firmware so I update it according to their instructions becuase of constant disonnections now no net YAY.

I'm yet to hear back from their tech support I'll let you know if they have some wonderful fix other then RMA.

G'luck mate, I HATE changing anything in my network set-up!

I get it installed and working then forget everything about it until there is a problem. :?

well after sending it to dlink australia it took them like a day to fix and they shipped it back at their own expensense with the latest firmware so I was quite happy at the turn around by dlink.

I bought a DI-604 router/firewall, and the first one I bought crashed in some bizarre manner that made it capable of routing but uncapable of running the built-in webserver for the configuration interface. First time I called tech support about it they said if it could still route data it couldn't possibly be broken, it had to be some software (like antivirus) or glitch in my computer that somehow blocked/filtered out packets going to 192.168.0.1, but I didn't really buy that. Anyway, a while later I called again, because I really needed to open up a port in it for bittorrent :)D) and that was impossible since the web interface didn't respond (even to pings from a locally connected PC I might add), so the second time they had me go through a horrendously complicated reset procedure and then the bloody thing died completely.

Anyway, I went back to the place I bought it, said it was broken, and they just switched it for a new one without any fuss at all. :D It's a very nice broadband router IMO, works great, and it even looks pretty neat on my desk. The fact it can be stacked on top of other DLink stuff is even better, I'm off to buy a new, nice ADSL modem today instead of my POS Nokia M11. Half-duplex 10mbit ethernet rather sucks when one has an 8mbit/7698kbit ADSL link, I get about a million network collisions when transferring files at high speed. And, it's friggin HUGE in comparison too! :LOL: it must be at least 6x the volume, maybe 8, compared to DLink's product. Oh how times change! :)

By the way... DLink's DSL-300T ADSL modem is great. I have it up and running at 8Mbit/768kbit (it does upstream at like 830somethingwhatever kbit, but this is as fast as my ISP allows it to go! :p), just plugged it in and it worked, pretty much. Transfer speed is FASSTT, timed it at 976kB/s downstream.

It supports 100Mbit/s ethernet at full duplex and it autosenses RX/TX too so a crossover cable isn't neccessary. :D I am very pleased, it takes up zero extra desktop space when stacked on top of my router.

Back