Five DX10.1 games tested

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by no-X, Apr 27, 2009.

1. no-X

Veteran

#1 no-X, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2009
  2. Scali

Regular

Well, if I'm not mistaken, Far Cry 2 uses NVAPI. So that would explain that particular result.
    Not sure how many other DX10.1 games use NVAPI.

3. Silent_Buddha

Legend

It would have been more interesting had they been able to include DX10.0 results for ATI cards also. Not only to see how much performance was gained, but also how badly the ATI cards might have been beaten if they didn't use 10.1.

Although it's interesting to see that in many cases 4890 does 4xAA/16xAF better than GTX 275. Already knew 8xAA is better on 48xx hardware, but didn't expect there to be such a dramatic difference with 4xAA. I wonder if this is DX10.1 helping out the ATI cards a bit more.

Regards,
    SB

4. Humus

Humus Crazy coder
    Veteran

Page 9 is for you.

5. itaru

Newcomer

6. Silent_Buddha

Legend

Thanks. :) Not being able to read German I only looked at the first few pages. Some interesting things...

DX10.1 seems to have a larger percentage increase with more powerful hardware.

And in Stalker Clear Sky it's actually generally worse than DX 10.0 Why would that be? I would have expected that at the very worst it would be the same as DX10.1 being just a superset.

Regards,
    SB

7. Dave Baumann

Dave Baumann Gamerscore Wh...
    Moderator Legend

Not sure what they had enabled in that test, but IIRC there are some alpha test AA options available under DX10.1 that I believe aren't under other modes.

8. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend

I think you are correct (can't check it right now). And the higher quality alpha test setting is really perfomance intensive. I think there was some more things regarding shaders/settings for DX10.1.

9. StefanS

StefanS meandering Velosoph
    Veteran

They had the alpha test AA option enabled according to the article.