first r420 review leak

Ulukay

Newcomer
thgs review was up for a few minutes, a member of the 3dcenter board made screens :)

opr0392a.jpg

opr03955.jpg

source: http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140688

And here I thought X-Bit would be the leakers...

Still, good ol' Tom's using "god knows what's in them" 61.11 drivers for nVidia. I'll give Tom's some credit for at least highlighting the scores with official drivers in green.

I expect worse from Anand.

Did they get AA / Aniso benchmarks?

Judging on these two benchmarks, it seems that ATi and nVidia both have similar performing cards. I hope that this is the case also with full reviews. It would be better for us consomers. ;)

probably fabricated... speed difference between the xt and pro is nothing, /me smells something fishy. :rolleyes:

Um....

These are non AA / Aniso benchmarks from what I can tell. Wouldn't surprise me in the least that they are mostly CPU limited on the X800 at these settings.

jvd said:
well if these are real there is no way the xt is going to sell for 599$ usd

Indeed. Considering the Pro is supposed to be clocked slower AND have 25% less pipes that is a pretty minor performance gap. Odd actually. Will have to wait and see I guess.

hmm....

code:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Known 61.11 driver bugs:

117597 [TWIMTBP]NV40,WinXP: Corruption when trying to take a screenshot with AA enabeld in Far Cry.

117561 [TWIMTBP]NV38/40,WinXP: Corruption of some weapons in Far Cry.

117474 [TWIMTBP]NV40,WinXP: Fog broke in Far Cry.

113476 NV38/40-WinXP: Lighting/shadow problem in FarCry.

117575 [TWIMTBP] NV40/38: Banding visible from wall in FarCry.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FW 61.11 looks like it's going to start a ton of flame wars over IQ. And I thought this was over.

Scroll to second page in thread, halfway down, posted by LovesuckZ

surfhurleydude said:
Can't say I'm not disappointed in X800XT speed based off of these benchies...

It's kind of hard to make judgements off of two benchmarks run at 1024x768 and when using drivers on certain cards which seem quite likely to be cheating. Let's wait till we get a more complete review, here.

Joe DeFuria said:
Um....

These are non AA / Aniso benchmarks from what I can tell. Wouldn't surprise me in the least that they are mostly CPU limited on the X800 at these settings.

Perhaps, but if they were CPU limited, the X800XT wouldn't have higher FPS than the X800 Pro, assuming they are both using the same driver set. These don't say much, AA + AF will tell the whole story.

surfhurleydude said:
Joe DeFuria said:
Um....

Perhaps, but if they were CPU limited, the X800XT wouldn't have higher FPS than the X800 Pro, assuming they are both using the same driver set. These don't say much, AA + AF will tell the whole story.

Perhaps they are only cpu limited in certain parts of the benchmark, explaining why thier min fps is the same.

surfhurleydude said:
Perhaps, but if they were CPU limited, the X800XT wouldn't have higher FPS than the X800 Pro, assuming they are both using the same driver set.

??

I said mostly CPU limited. No game test is either going to be 100% one way or the other.

These don't say much, AA + AF will tell the whole story.

Agree there. :) Hell, even 1600x1200 with "high quality" settings would tell a better story than 1024x768 with normal quality...

dr3amz said:
probably fabricated... speed difference between the xt and pro is nothing, /me smells something fishy. :rolleyes:

Its a 3.2 gig p4, running in 1024x768 with no AA or AF.

If you want the full benefit of the higher end part no doubt you will need a bleeding edge cpu and AA/AF applied. I would reserve judgement before you see a full complement of tests.

Back