First Perfect Dark Zero review comes from Europe....

fulcizombie

Regular
Banned
From the swedish multiformat magazine "Super Play".It got a 9/10.Here are some comments:
Graphics - estheticly a 10/10, but glitches and small bugs cut down the technical knockout.9/10

Sound: The Shotgun gives "brainshaking" sound effects with an adrenaline-fuilled soundtrack.10/10

Control: ruthlessly tight, timelessly entertaining. The "upps" (the good things) eats upp the few "downs".9/10

Lastability: Concentrated campaign plus deathmatch-gaming which will survive this generation - and next.9/10

Here's some scores of other games from the same magazine(for comparison's sake);
King Kong(XB): 9

PoP: The Two Thrones: 9

Gun: 7

BF2: Modern Combat: 8

The Movies: 7

Ratchet Gladiator: 6

Quake IV: 5

Call of Duty 2: 6

Soul Calibur III: 9

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth: 8

Need for Speed: Most Wanted: 5

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance: 8

From Russia with Love: 5

Battalion Wars: 8

Phownix Wright: Ace Attorney: 8

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland: 4

GTA: Liberty City Stories: 8

Kao Challengers: 5

LMA Manager 2006: 4

Lunar Genesis: 6

Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness: 7

SSX on Tour (PSP): 9

Fifa 06 (PSP): 8

Thanks to Alexswe from rare-exteme forums.

fulcizombie said:
Quake IV: 5

Call of Duty 2: 6

Need for Speed: Most Wanted: 5

From Russia with Love: 5

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland: 4

Thanks to Alexswe from rare-exteme forums.

I'll take this PDZ score with a grain of salt, their review scores seem a little wonky to me :???:

Hardknock said:
I'll take this PDZ score with a grain of salt, their review scores seem a little wonky to me :???:
Only the CoD2 score is questionable,the EA and Activision games are total trash and the press outside of the U.S and the U.K isn't bound by the huge marketing budgets of either EA or Activision so the truth about these companies' games is more easily revealed.
I really don't think that games like the new Bond,new tony hawk and new NFS desrve anything more.

Hardknock said:
agreed.

ssx gets a 9 on psp but gta gets a 8?
pokemon gets a 7, but quake 4 gets a 5?

O_O

fulcizombie said:
the press outside of the U.S and the U.K isn't bound by the huge marketing budgets of either EA or Activision so the truth about these companies' games is more easily revealed.

Right...

fulcizombie said:
Only the CoD2 score is questionable,the EA and Activision games are total trash and the press outside of the U.S and the U.K isn't bound by the huge marketing budgets of either EA or Activision so the truth about these companies' games is more easily revealed.

Is that a long way to say that the press in Europe and anywhere else but the US and the UK are not biased and never controlled by big corporations fixing the scores in order to get more people to buy certain products?

Is that a way to say that the US and the UK press are corrupted but outside those countries it's all fine and dandy?

It's quite a bold statement if you ask me.

:???:

Bad_Boy said:
agreed.

O_O
Maybe the SSX just is a better game than GTA on PSP.
Maybe the Pokemon game just is a better game than Quake 4.
These lesser scored games were hyped more than those that got the better score, but the hype does not equal quality after all.
Everybody assumes GTA and Quake gets high(est) scores, while they do certainly have their faults which should not be overlooked just because of the hype.
Certainly, even without yet playing either game, I can imagine how many would think the Pokemon game is more fun than Quake 4, same for SSX and GTA.
They all (well, not so sure about Q4) are good games after all, more subject to personal taste than some generally accepted opinion.

Bad_Boy said:
agreed.

Most reviewers are rating these as about a 9 for GTA and an 8-8.5 for SSX, so it's off from the norm, but not that far off.

Quake 4 is getting slammed in reviews. Almost no one thinks it's a particularly good game. I think the Gamerankings average is only an 82%

And I think part of the problem is many gamers aren't used to a proper review scale.

For most web reviews anything good is a 9+, anything above average is an 8+, if it's just mediocre it's a solid 7's, and anything below a 7 is pure crap. Obviously the concept of 1 is worst, 10 is best, and 5 is average is just lost on most people reading and writing game reviews, so when you see a place that actually uses that scale people think their scores are crap.

Pokemon may have gotten a 7 but it may have gotten that score because its target audiance of i'd say 5-12 year olds don't need a tripple a game experiance to enjoy it ?

See that is why i only like certian reviewers . There is this one girl for entertainment weekly that reviews by genre .

She will give a movie a B and another movie a C. Now your asking yourself why Land of the dead got a B but Shopgirl got a C and thats because she rated Land of the dead a horror movie and compared to other horror movies that is the score it got , its not compared to shop girl.

That is why the scoring systems at these sites suck .

They shouldn't be useable outside the genre .

Sports games should have thier own set of scores , racers another , action rpgs another

Well, the Pokemon GB games are actually quite good and fine handheld entertainment, I wouldn't necessarily call them too kiddy either, except for the fact that they are Pokemon :D

i guess im just one of the few who actually enjoyed playing quake 4, which had amazing visuals at max settings might i add. definately A LOT! more fun than doom3 was.
and cmon, a 5 out of 10? was it really that bad? im pretty sure ign gave it a 8.2 and gamespot gave it a 8.0 ;)
and if your wondering, ign gave pokemon a 6.8 and gamespot gave it a 6.9

i guess im just loosing it here. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
PDZ UK OXM review (Nov edition)

score = 9/10

highlights -

* Superb Replay Value
* Colossally addictive on Xbox Live
* More weapons than Charlton Heston
* Better-than-high-end PC visuals

The only minus was

* Embarrassingly Wacky Voiceovers