First Conduit 2 preview

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Mobius1aic, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Mobius1aic

Mobius1aic Quo vadis?
    Veteran

Looks like IGN is on top of Conduit 2 before everyone else . Not surprised at all :wink:

My first impressions: looks like FEAR and The Conduit had some mangled up love child. HVS is still wasting fillrate on excessive bloom lighting, art is still cheesy, and they could save a few polygons by going with a P90 submachine gun instead of the MP5. P90s are so much cooler anyways :cool: Making me think of FEAR, perhaps they should attempt to focus on shadow volumes, per-pixel lighting, some EMBM and try to get some real AI and physics? FEAR with Wii controls would be fun. I know it's a tall order, but maybe with a little help from John Carmack, it could be done? Oh and I do hope HVS does keep one thing: the semi-interactive water simulation.

#1 Mobius1aic, Apr 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2010
  2. DeadlyNinja

Veteran

I played a bit of the first at a friend's place and I really like their alien guns. I'm really sick of the traditional FPS staples but the alien guns were very refreshing, almost Contra like design.

3. Mobius1aic

Mobius1aic Quo vadis?
    Veteran

The alien weapons always brought Half Life 1 to mind.