fireworks

i see you are from the uk
bonfire night is only in the uk
I'm sure it used to be in Australia as well, but then restrictions after restrictions on the sales of fireworks probably killed it off.

I am not as interested in fireworks as I was before when younger. There is really nothing driving me to blow up things with explosive loads that we carved out of bigger fireworks and fused (or homemade "abominations")... poor trash bins ( :LOL: ). Also hearing a "bang" is nothing exciting after you've been in the military... everything else just sounds so damn weak.

However I could think about buying a few or single colorful firework piece. Maybe a "cake" for about 30-40$.

Also hearing a "bang" is nothing exciting after you've been in the military... everything else just sounds so damn weak.
I guess you're right... I never heard any bombs or artillery guns or such go off, the closest I ever got was a long-barrel RPG mounted on a light tracked vehicle. The tube was ~3m or so, and it made a damn fine thump when it went off that was like a shove in the chest and pulled at my uniform. :p

~400m/s muzzle velocity on the projectile IIRC, which probably was about 130mm caliber or thereabouts. It was half my life ago now, so the details are a bit sketchy, heh. Anyway, it flew clear across the quite large shooting range in little over a blink of an eye and hit some poor practise target which had once been an armored vehicle of some sort... Made quite a whump on impact too I might add.

I'm sure it used to be in Australia as well, but then restrictions after restrictions on the sales of fireworks probably killed it off.
yes it did, guyfawkes is still celebrated here in nz though, after new years perhaps the biggest party of the year.
some ppl even have a few crackers left for christmas + new years though as 80% of the ppl that buy/use crackers are youngish most cant wait those 7-8 weeks

Back