Finally had a lucid dream

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Moloch, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Moloch

Moloch God of Wicked Games
    Veteran

..Or atleast was clued in it was a dream.
    I dreamt my dad got a srt-10 viper and he was testing it out and crashed it.
    As soon as that happened I go "good thing this is a dream" and my "dad" tried to dissuade me from believing so.
    I woke up after that.
    Now I since I've taken the first step I wonder where I can go from here:twisted:

To those who are like "what the hell is he talking about?" check it out here

#1 Moloch, Nov 16, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2005
  2. DudeMiester

Regular

One of these days I'm going to get to it and learn to lucid dream, but there's one problem. My dream recall is too good. I mean, the amount of details I recall can fill volumes, so how am I supposed to write a dream journal? For example, one dream I had took me 2.5h just to get down in extremely rough form, typing at a frantic pace. Seriously, when you can recall the carvings on the glass lampshade you only saw in your dream for 10 seconds, it's a bit much, lol!

This is the entry I'm talking about:

#2 DudeMiester, Nov 16, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2005
    MuFu likes this.
  3. _xxx_

Banned

The dreams I can remember are usually about sex.

4. bouy

Newcomer

I can dream about doing things and then things that I expect to happen or don't want to happen, happen. It's not that I have full control, but I can kinda implicitly control it by just having a feeling this is going to happen. Like I dreamt I was at a job interview, and i was hoping the person interviewing me doesn't ask me this question, then that person just goes ahead and asks. Other times I would be with a person say in a car and we're driving on the highway and he says, "where should we go?" i'd reply "let's go to Best Buy" and surely we go there and I walk around in store seeing ordinary to crazy entertainment stuff and if there is something for sale there like a sofa, I'd realize that's not right and wake up.

I usually wake up from my dream (if not by alarm), when I notice something off, like I see a friend and realize that he shouldn't be in the same location with me because he's off in England. I go, "wait a minute," then POOF!

But that's when I do dream, lately I've been sleeping straight though, maybe dreaming but not enough to remember anything significant.

I remember dreaming all the time when I was young. Wonder why we dream less as we get older.

5. rabidrabbit

rabidrabbit A Reformed Member
    Legend Veteran

Bah, my lucid dreams are much more boring than those "uncontrolled" ones.
    I think I've always had most of my dreams such that I am viewing the dream a little like a movie, even when I view them in "first person mode", having some control at what happens in them.
    Those "lucid dreams" are more vivid though, as if I view them 1920 x 1080, 4 x fsaa instead of 640 x 480 jaggy blurry mess that the less lucid dreams are, and I seem to remember them more often. It's like I'm half awake half asleep when I have these, usually I wake up from them when the alarm rings.
    i don't think I've ever had actually nightmares, often my dreams might be scary weird, but then they are mostly just like horror films.... except the recurring dream of mine where I'm haunted by an angry bear, whenever I've seen that dream I've felt very anxious long after I've woken up.

6. KimB

Legend

I've had some fabulous lucid dreams. Some of the most fun ones involve flying or running really fast. The ones involving sex typically wake me up, so I don't like those quite so much (not that I don't keep trying to turn my dreams towards sex....it just never works!). It's been a while since I've had a lucid dream, though. My best were back in high school.

Oh, on a similar note, have you ever had a dream that was funny? Once, and only once, I had a dream that I thought was so funny that I woke up laughing.

7. rabidrabbit

rabidrabbit A Reformed Member
    Legend Veteran

I used to have dreams I woke up laughing, years ago.
    My bf did have such dreams a while ago, also he's started "lucid talking" in his dreams recently, he speaks loud and clear in his dreams.... it's actually kinda interesting to hear what he's got to say, if only I didn't wake up when he starts his nocturnal speeches :)

8. Moloch

Moloch God of Wicked Games
    Veteran

bah I did the little thing where you tell your self you're gonna recall your dream before going to bed like that site said and I didnt remember nuthin:(

9. KimB

Legend

Ah, yes, my roommate in the dorms a few years back did that once. He didn't say anything clearly, though. It was a string of completely unrelated words. I laughed so hard I woke him up.

10. Grall

Grall Invisible Member
    Legend

Had a dream this morning right before waking up. I was an invisible watcher, and a documentary about the Pythons was being screened to me, revealing that the program(me :)) was actually crowdfunded, with the then-young Pythons going door-to-door, convincing a Briton family a time to contribute money to each episode...! The colors are very faded, almost black-and-white. We briefly see a young Cleese and some other Python I believe standing at the front door of a typical residence, one of those narrow brick houses they're so fond of, speaking to a woman and maybe a man inside. We then briefly see an older, somewhat pudgy Terry Jones sitting slouched in an armchair, telling us something about Eric Idle, and that he had to get a regular job to support himself.

The teaser video - I assume - then followed immediately, consisting of a young (I believe) Michael Palin in khaki military fatigues, who sometimes looked somewhat like Alec Guinness out of the River Quai movie, with one of those round, flat tin can-like peaked caps on his head, driving a willis jeep into frame. He stops the vehicle abruptly in a clumsy, awkward manner. He stands up in the vehicle, and speaks some gibberish briefly, I don't really hear any words.

The static camera cuts, to what we assume is the reverse angle, showing a beach with two extremely simple rafters, being only flat layers of planks basically with no backrests going out either side of the camera image. The rafters are slightly angled to one another and have two levels above ground level, with rows of soldiers in uniform standing side-by side with their backs towards the ocean, presumably watching the officer speak. They stand absolutely still for a moment, and then fall face-forward simultaneously, only being cardboard cut-outs, and thus, revealing the ocean view and a blue, lightly clouded sky.

The dream ends, I wake up.

#10 Grall, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014
  11. Nesh

Nesh Double Agent
    Legend

Years ago I could realise that I was in a dream and try to wake up, only to wake up into another dream which I too realised was a dream. You cant imagine the frustration trying to wake and instead of waking up, to appear in another dream reality after the other which sometimes would mimic reality itself, such us dreaming about waking on your bed. But this was also another dream. You feel like you are inside a mind trap you can never get out of.

To take a things deeper, what if this reality is another kind of ilussion we have to wake up from?

12. DudeMiester

Regular

I just had a dream within a dream incident. It's always trippy.

The other type of semi-lucid dream I have are ones where I explore a synthesized urban environment. The last one was a strange ultra-wealthy 1800s Paris-like town where I fought a demon that was trapped in a wall. Afterwards, we had cake.

13. Grall

Grall Invisible Member
    Legend

One of the earliest dreams I remember from my childhood, I might have been only four years old or something like that, was about a little wooden cut-out puzzle train set for tiny kids. Each comically drawn train car was one piece of the "puzzle", and was populated by figures from the popular swedish children's comic "Bamse". In my dream, I wasn't precisely a rider on the train, I think, but my eyes were, sort of. The train was really small and you rode it more or less like a horse, or maybe sitting in it with your upper body sticking out like a children's buggy, and it ran along a narrow track through a dark, smooth tunnel that curved slightly to the right. The tunnel had a flat floor and an arched ceiling and light was coming from somewhere around the train, but there was no light further off. Along the left, outer wall, there were a set of identical green wooden doors, three or four, made out of planks. They had the same basic shape as the tunnel itself, rounded at the top and straight at the bottom. The train stopped so that it was parked parallel to the doors and I got off, and maybe others too, I can't remember. I put my hand on one of the doorknobs - probably one in the middle - and I don't recall if I woke up right then or when I'd opened the door a crack, but that's where the dream ends and it was quite scary for some reason that I can't pinpoint, not now and not at the time when I'd had the dream.

I dreamt that same identical dream three nights in a row...

14. Mariner

Veteran

When I was a kid, I remember having a very vivid dream (which was very scary at the time) in which I was chased around my local neighbourhood by Daleks! Tom Baker has a lot to answer for... ;)