Final Fantasy XV [XO, PS4, PC]

I think i got the 60 fps "glitch" in altissia as well(more like unlocked framerate than solid 60 but if you look up or down it sticks to it). Overall, framerate is all over the place in this city but at least it looks a lot better than the Platinum demo.

Chapter 9
Lots of impressive spectacle but story was handled very sloppily, kind of amazing how sloppy it was to be honest. Lots of potential and very little payoff but it's not enough to sour my opinion on the game significantly

When it comes to the engine side... Damn me, when this game shines it really shines
ffxvlightingulp5r.png

The bounce lighting works really well in this part (notice the left boot and Noctis's shirt). AO is also really nice (shadowing on the inside of the boot) as is their technique for the hair. Very ambitious for an open world game, i'd love to see more on Luminous and see some of it on PC as well.

Last edited:
I think i got the 60 fps "glitch" in altissia as well(more like unlocked framerate than solid 60 but if you look up or down it sticks to it). Overall, framerate is all over the place in this city but at least it looks a lot better than the Platinum demo.

Yeah altisia frame rate is weird

This weekend I suffered the first major bug in Costlemark.
After almost 2 real-life hours (~2 game days) fighting monsters to get to the dungeon boss, Noctis falls through a wall and the whole team gets magically teleported outside.

At least I got to keep the EXP, so it wasn't a full game-breaking crash, but I got pretty upset. I'm only going back to Costlemark when I max out to lvl99. On lvl60 some fights took too long, specially the electricity bombs that seem to poop out other bombs.

This weekend I suffered the first major bug in Costlemark.
After almost 2 real-life hours (~2 game days) fighting monsters to get to the dungeon boss, Noctis falls through a wall and the whole team gets magically teleported outside.

At least I got to keep the EXP, so it wasn't a full game-breaking crash, but I got pretty upset. I'm only going back to Costlemark when I max out to lvl99. On lvl60 some fights took too long, specially the electricity bombs that seem to poop out other bombs.

i breezed thru it using magics but the elevator floor wont activate for hours lol. turns out i need to rotate the camera at exact position for the prompt to appear.

uugh

turns out i need to rotate the camera at exact position for the prompt to appear.
Ahh, so that's why when I get to the bottom i cannot do anything then lol.

Only had one issue in some 56 hours and that is I fell through the map once, screen was like the sky box, but I couldn't see anything else, but could here my random button presses still causing the appropriate sound.

Certainly one of the better FF's to be honest. Now I've finished it I still have interest in it to go back and do everything in the game, which hasn't happened since FF8 for me.

Up to halfway in chapter 13 so far and i'm scratching my head, it's like the people that made the game didn't realize what made it good. The game should've had just two big open world hubs with some explorable cities in them and divide the story bits in those two hubs. Forget all this linear nonsense, this just brings the negatives of the game to the forefront.

Oh and
Where's that?

Up to halfway in chapter 13 so far and i'm scratching my head, it's like the people that made the game didn't realize what made it good. The game should've had just two big open world hubs with some explorable cities in them and divide the story bits in those two hubs. Forget all this linear nonsense, this just brings the negatives of the game to the forefront.

Oh and
Where's that?

Yup. Chapter 13 is the worse.

Btw that scene was only implied in FFXV. And only shown as noctis expression that changes.

Finished the game yesterday and what can i say, it's a game with heart, and for all its flaws i think it still manages to be a really good game overall. It's just disappointing that it could be much more given a few tweaks here and there. Looking forward to the character DLCs and whatever changes they bring to chapter 13. And i'm definitely double dipping if/when they bring this on PC :)

Destiny, mgsv, and now ffxv

Great games that felt Unfinished, unpolished.

If the pc version is mod friendly, no overzealous mod/integrity protection, I think I'll look get it in pc

Finished it! Really think it was the best game of last year. Now I want to go back and do shitloads of sidequests.

One slightly sad thing is that Nomura's name is completely removed from the credits (there is no "Written by" of "Story by" either). Also, nothing in the 2013 E3 trailer is in the game!

Finished the main story yesterday at lvl81.
I'll probably keep going until I get all Lucis weapons and/or reach lvl99.

I never thought the story would turn out so sad in the end.

I was convinced the protagonist had reached the bottom of his fate when his lover died, but turns out it just gets worse and even more hopeless from there. So Noctis was predestined to, at age 20, just enter some sort of cryostasis for 10 years, only to wake up for some hours and die right afterwards.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I've been avoiding this topic in fear of spoilers...

Can anyone give me some advice? I'm at lvl42 or something and I am already at chapter 13 (or 14). No idea how many chapters are yet to come, but I have noticed that at this point in the game, there is no way to do side quests, traverse the open map and do stuff. Will there be more of that or am I already ending the end of the game? Surely not, I would think and hope - even though I've been playing this for roughly 40 hours at this point, it doesn't feel like a lot has happened yet (I'd say a large part of those 40 hours went into doing small little quests and doing hunts, not progressing the actual game).

Thanks!

Can anyone give me some advice? I'm at lvl42 or something and I am already at chapter 13 (or 14). No idea how many chapters are yet to come, but I have noticed that at this point in the game, there is no way to do side quests, traverse the open map and do stuff. Will there be more of that or am I already ending the end of the game? Surely not, I would think and hope - even though I've been playing this for roughly 40 hours at this point, it doesn't feel like a lot has happened yet (I'd say a large part of those 40 hours went into doing small little quests and doing hunts, not progressing the actual game).

Thanks!

You are near the end of the game yes, unfortunately. But right before the end, inside the final area, you can go back in time and do what you want before finishing it (or come back after you finish it as well... in fact some things to do only unlock after you finish the game!).

Thanks Picao84!

If that is the case, it does feel rather short for a FF game. I remember FFVII - IX as amazing big games in scope. X and X-II were also rather long (but felt less so, due to the linearity). I guess FFXV is similar to Witcher and others, where the main plot is rather short, but there is a lot of content put into the side quest. Unfortunately, as much as I like doing hunts or going here and there for a photo-quest, I really do miss the scope of say the old Final Fantasys back on the PSone...

Anyway, do you recommend completing the game with my lvl38-42 characters and then "come back" or to simply prolong it and "go back in time" to complete all the side quests first?

Thanks Picao84!

If that is the case, it does feel rather short for a FF game. I remember FFVII - IX as amazing big games in scope. X and X-II were also rather long (but felt less so, due to the linearity). I guess FFXV is similar to Witcher and others, where the main plot is rather short, but there is a lot of content put into the side quest. Unfortunately, as much as I like doing hunts or going here and there for a photo-quest, I really do miss the scope of say the old Final Fantasys back on the PSone...

Anyway, do you recommend completing the game with my lvl38-42 characters and then "come back" or to simply prolong it and "go back in time" to complete all the side quests first?

Better finish the game first, every quest (and more) will be available after you finish it. There's no point in prolonging the story, you are really close to the end now.

Thanks!
If you're in Ch13 or 14 then you probably can already go to the "past".
Just enter any lodging place (bed icon in the map) and select "call Umbra". Any level-ups, items, etc. that you get in the "past" will be carried over to the "present".

This is just functional stuff so I don't even think it needs the spoiler tag.

Back