Final Fantasy XV [XO, PS4]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Bagel seed, Jun 11, 2013.

Tags:
  1. London-boy

London-boy Shifty's daddy
    Legend Subscriber

You can level up skills after, I'd first level up your level, then do the skills after (fishing usually last as it's pretty useless).

2. ToTTenTranz

Legend Veteran Subscriber

OMG I'VE BEEN WASTING SO MUCH GRINDING TIME!

j/k, the grinding is half the fun of it.

But I think I'm going to disable Wait mode. I wish I could cast Libra without having to enter wait mode, though.

3. Clukos

Clukos Bloodborne 2 when?
    Veteran Newcomer

The camps are nice because you get to interact with the bros. I think you are missing out if you skip camping altogether on your first playthrough.

4. London-boy

Legend Subscriber

You don't skip them completely. You just skip them until you're lvl 99 or whatever level you think is ok for you. And later on in the game you get so much EXP that it's just easier to sleep a few times in places that give you 2x or 3x the EXP to level up quickly. I literally went from lvl 75 to 99 in one sleepover at Altissa. Once that's done, you can proceed with the camps, which are also very useful because of the food enhancements.

5. ToTTenTranz

Legend Veteran Subscriber

I'm bordering level 60 right now, and I'm in chapter 7. What chapter is Altissa?
    Is that an area that keeps you from going back?

6. London-boy

Legend Subscriber

You can always go back after Altissa. I think. If I remember correctly. The area just opens up at a certain point (it's a boat ride). Either way you can go back to Lucis and Altissa after you beat the game to complete all the side quests and level up. You can do that even just before the final boss, but at lvl 60 you can finish the game.

7. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

You always can go back as long as there's an Inn / motel / camp / bed

8. novcze

Regular

Any final fantasies fulfilled on the way or just usual sightseeing? When someone says Thailand I always think of Katoeys, don't know why ... :lol:

9. Clukos

Clukos Bloodborne 2 when?
    Veteran Newcomer

There's something wrong with their taa, objects with lots of specular detail shimmer even when the image is completely static (paused game). Hopefully it's something fixable :yep2:

10. HTupolev

Regular

Possibly aggressively rejecting colors based on non-similarity to nearby colors, even when no motion is detected. Or something.

11. orangpelupa

Legend Veteran

somebody glitched out of map in version 1.00 and it have more objects than 1.02.

i guess, for explorers, 1.00 is the holy grail.

12. RenegadeRocks

Legend

As fun as the combat is in this game, with the open world lending itself beautifully to just moving around and fighting, the story , uptill now atleast , has no gravity at all. the story missions are also too clunky when comapred to the smooth combat of the open wold. Too much forced stealth, which is completely bullshit bad, too much of confusion about what the game wants u to do in this story mission. What a contrast to the open world where its fun like fresh air.
    I think I a Ch 6, when Iris joins you for ur ride and I have no impetus to play the story at all! I can just find dungeons, monsters and monster hunts and be happy. The story is clunky along with its story mission structure. This is definitely an incomplete or "joined together" game when it comes to campaign. Thankfully the gameplay and world around it is well done.

The magic is super powerful though, sometimes I end fights in seconds with just one spell ! And sometimes I can make it out of a fight inly because of magic !
    Also, the skills around "aerial attacks": SO the way to intitate a aerial attack is to jump and then press O? thats all? Are Warp strikes also considered aerial attacks? How do I keep my aerial combo going so that I keep floating and fighting and dont fall down?

13. orangpelupa

Legend Veteran

yups. when they goes into linear mode... its really really annoying.

this is a sandbox. let me play however i want. if the game breaks, it will be my responsibility, its okay.

if they simply dont have manpower and time and funds to fix things up for the weird freedom edge-cases, release it on PC and let people fix it for free.

14. tuna

Veteran

This is Final Fantasy XV. If you want to go back to the sandbox you can except for 1 hour in chapter 13. And I do not understand what it is that people should "fix it for free".

15. orangpelupa

Legend Veteran

but that sandbox is out of the main story.

what i like from open world game is the sandbox that intertwined with the main storyline.

Before the linear parts, FFXV actually did really well in exploiting all kinds of sandbox elements.
    - you can use your own strategy and skill (player's skill and noct's skill) to battle
    - you are allowed to abuse various elements (warp-recover, chain links, counters, magics, items, etc) and mix them up
    - you are allowed to abuse the environment (hide-and-seek, higher gounds, etc)

thats what i like from FFXV.
    going back using Umbra is not what i wanted.

thats why i DISLIKE Destiny after bungie patched-out almost all of the sandbox stuff. Basically they transformed destiny closer into wide-linear encounter that is more claustrophobic than Uncharted 4's wide-linear formula.

EDIT:
    about "fix it for free".

Its quite common for PC games to be broken with lots of bugs, limitation, etc. and then people will fix it for free post-release.

like when i added back "free roam" into Mafia 2 and restored a bunch of cut contents.
    like when people modded and fixed lots of Skyrim
    like when people fixed Dark Souls

16. London-boy

Legend Subscriber

Not saying they should fix it - also cause I'm likely never going to play that part ever again - but for me it was a LOT longer than 1 hour. And it was a royal pain in the ass.

17. orangpelupa

Legend Veteran

And its very buggy.

Not only it took me hours, but I also stuck multiple times because the enemy can't attack me and I can't attack the enemy.

The only thing that works was the ring minimize magic thats super slow and eats lots of MP and recovery items

London-boy likes this.
  18. tuna

Veteran

You can usually run away from them usually. And there are not that many either. I didn't use any recovery items.

19. tuna

Veteran

That is what Final Fantasy XV is. You can't "fix" that because that is the fundamental design.

20. London-boy

Legend Subscriber

Yup. I already mentioned how many times my game crashed. Blue screen of PS4 death.