FIFA 17 (Powered by Frostbite)

Niebotskick

Newcomer

The current-gen versions + PC will be dropping EA's Ignite engine (which was made specifically for sports games), in favor of DICE's Frostbite engine as part of EA's plan to switch to using a single engine for all their games. It's about time. I thought the visuals of previous FIFA games were very underwhelming for a current-gen sports game.

Some screengrabs from the video with shitty compression:

s5qrx0.jpeg

BmGSbP.jpeg

RFmfLH.jpeg

LF9X7F.jpeg

nUq90c.jpeg

Told my friends I was bailing on EA Sports this fall, skip a year of the sports titles. Said they'd have to do something drastic like totally replace their renderer and game engine for me to come back ... Thanks for reading my thoughts, EA assholes. Now how am I supposed to save money?

so 720p on XBO ;)

Seriously though, it's about time they did a decent upgrade

Yah, one of the first things that popped into my mind resolution. FIFA is 1080p and pretty sharp looking on both platforms. Just very old looking. Wondering how far the pendulum would swing. Was kind of wondering if they'd come in at 900p on Xbox One and 1080p on PS4.

Does EA have sort of cinematics/story team that's separate from the actual dev houses? First Mirror's Edge, and now this. :rolleyes:

Back