Far Cry modding isn't dead yet!

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Mobius1aic, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Mobius1aic

Mobius1aic Quo vadis?
    Veteran

Beta demo for the long awaited The Delta Sector mod for Far Cry is out! CryEngine certainly isn't dead even compared to CE2.0, as long as you put it in the right hands of course. But the demo is pretty good, especially in how dense and lush the environment. Unlike Far Cry it's not a smooth trek but instead you got to kinda trudge through it which gives it a really viceral feel. On the downside, the AI is kinda lacking, some of the textures are clearly stretched, lack of full dynamic shadows/lighting and the shooting is kinda repetitive, but it doesn't hinder the fact that this mod A+ Class all the way. One other thing I noticed, if you look at the water in the river, it kinda oscillates so I can assume its 3D and I think they wrote the shader to it as well. Far Cry never had 3D water so it's kinda cool. Overall the mod looks amazing, better than most games these days I say. I suggest a look see! Can't wait for the full Mod to be ready, I thinks it's taken the better part of 2 years for these guys.

The Delta Sector

2. pjbliverpool

pjbliverpool B3D Scallywag
    Legend

I'm downloading now, the youtube vids on the site look fricken amazing but i'll reserve judgement until I've played it.

3. Dresden

Dresden Celebrating Mediocrity
    Veteran

Looks impressive. Provided "Far Cry" wasn't six cds, three of which are MIA, I'd check it out.

4. AlBran

AlBran Ferro-Fibrous
    Moderator Legend

Can you mod the free fileplanet version?

5. Davros

Legend

farcry is on sale in the u.k for £5

6. Galduta

Veteran

Humm .. Far Cry not is free from the digital download of Ubisoft ?

7. Mobius1aic

Mobius1aic Quo vadis?
    Veteran

I tried to download it at one point because my Far Cry discs were scratched, but I managed to repair the discs and reinstalled the game a short while ago to my delight :D

I tried to install it but it was giving me problems even though I had a ubi.com account and what not........so I don't know if the freeware version can be modded, but I'd safely bet that it isn't. This is Ubisoft we're talking about.........they are SOABs. Doesn't hurt to try though right?

8. slapnutz

Regular

Ah.. i remember pointing this mod out in the original Far Cry 2 thread.

Good to see they're still working on it. (and have an english language option now!)

9. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend

This mod for Far Cry has been finished, theres even a patch since some days ago. Looks great, especailly since its running on the first CryEngine. I wager it looks like Fallout 3, some really nice effects in there...!

Just make sure you have the cumulative patch v1.4 installed!

Link to mod and patch

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

#9 Neb, Aug 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2008
  10. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend

Some more, great artwork IMO.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. slapnutz

Regular

Yeah I've been keeping an eye on this mod for a while. Awesome example of CE1.0 potential.