Far Cry Instincts on Xbox360

MistaPi

Regular
Any reason its not on the compatibility list yet? Its a popular title right? Yeah I know, its probaly a little early to be complaining, but I would really love playing this in 720p with 4xAA. :)

There's no specific reasons other than what you might have guessed already. They either didn't start working on its emulation or they still can't have good performances out the actual emulator for this game. In both cases, all there is left to do is just to wait. ;)

I haven't seen the compatibility list carefully yet but could it be that the recent XB games ain't on the list bec'se they didn't have time to work on them?

MistaPi said:
Any reason its not on the compatibility list yet? Its a popular title right? Yeah I know, its probaly a little early to be complaining, but I would really love playing this in 720p with 4xAA. :)
That might be too to ask for as Halo2 is the orginal Xbox only game I have seen any evedence of added AA, and best I can tell not even the ones that supported 720p on the orignal Xbox are rendered at high res on the 360 but rather upscaled after rendering. But yeah, hopefully they will at least get Far Cry working on the 360.

So the IQ improvment these game will have on Xbox360 with a HDTV isn't that big?

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll likely get 4xAA, which helped Halo 1&2 a ton IMO. Otherwise, you're (obviously) still stuck with the same texture resolutions. Basically, compare Halo PC at 640x480 to 1280x960

So whats the bottom line. Should I hold of the game until its compatible with Xbox360 or should I enjoy the game on xbox1 now because it isnt worth the wait? Ok, Im sure this is subjective, but I can't make up my mind. Somebody decide for me. :)

Unfortunately it probably didn't sell enough to warrant the time and effort to make it compatible. It's also got a pretty advanced graphics engine which means it would probably be on the more difficult side to emulate. I have the game so I'm still hopeful.

On the subject of backward compatibility, any word on when/if Panzer Dragoon Orta will be up and running on the 360? Last I read, it was one of the few big games left out.

Back