Fallout 4 [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

Bethesda have confirmed that Fallout 4 has no level cap and that you can continue to explore after completing the main quest, they tweeted:

"To our fans who've asked: Fallout 4 doesn't end when the main story is over and there is no level cap. You can keep playing and leveling"

Huzzah! This suggests you can continue to advance and rack up perks indefinitely.

What the heck...graphics are so bad, it is unbelievable.

Did the devs even realize that new consoles are available?

Meh!

They probably have to update their gamebryo engine. PC will probably be modded to death so if you care about graphics you should play it there, this is how Skyrim looks nowadays:
9256017350_1a4b7f8152_o.jpg

https://flic.kr/p/qShW1v
https://flic.kr/p/rCEoEu
https://flic.kr/p/rink51

And mods can be very... erhm detailed: https://flic.kr/p/qaePQF

Expect similar treatment for F4

What the heck...graphics are so bad, it is unbelievable
I'm replaying through New Vegas on PC now and the graphics shown for Fallout 4 are miles better. You need to compare game worlds and graphics like for like. Fallout 4 is a massive open world game full of thousands (perhaps millions) of objects which can be moeved and re-arranged at will.

Do some shots look better than others? Yes, but seriously - look at the game!

latest

2884131-fallout4_e3_tractor_1434324012.png

2877889-fallout4_trailer_highway_1433355605.png

They've made different compromises to open world games like GTA and The Witcher 3 but it's clear they've overhauled their lighting engine.

yup, when I r-ewatched the footage at 1080p again I realised the gfx aren't that bad. They are palatable if it can deliver the fantasy. I just could NOT get into Fallout 3 due to the wooden people, that conversation cam and clunky gameplay. SKyrim fared better thanks to its generally cheerful environments and this seems to be finally getting the balance of destroyed but still colourful correct. I am actually looking forward to it now though I do wish it was more beautiful and unique to explore. It still lacks a specific character, all objects seem lifeless.

It's Bethesda, I'm sure there will still be some clunky gameplay ;-)

It helps that I like the post apocalyptic genre so I was able to get past the creepy, soulless NPCs, most of whom were devoid of any personality. For me, Fallout 3 was at it's best when crawling over the capital wasteland dispensing my own peronal kind of justice and exploring everything. Megaton, the subway, Little Lamplight, the Republic of Dave, Murder Pass, Rivet City, the Citadel, Tenpenny Tower, Evergreen Mills, Underworld, Grayditch, Big Town, Arefu, Canterbury Commons, Andale, Raven Rock, Temple of the Union, Vault 112 - all were home to some brilliant quests once you get past the technology. Fallout 3 was in my top three games of last gen.

If more colour is your thing then New Vegas has a very different visual look and it's easy to forget it's a fallout game given you can first person shoot and snipe pretty well and while the quests were more involved with you changing the balance of power of certain factions, it definitely wasn't a great a place to explore being mostly flat desert.

Fallout 4 looks like a good mix between them and I'm not at all disappointed in the graphics. The density of objects in the environment over decent draw distances. The lure of Fallout 3 was always showing you things in the distance that set you off in a direction to explore but the environment detail and density was reflective of lastgen.

Anybody who likes Fallout and hasn't come across Nuka Break yet is well advised to check it out. It's a fan made Fallout very mini-series centring on a vault dweller, a chick and a ghoul set in the Fallout 3 / New Vegas wasteland. I thoroughly enjoyed it and while "fan made" generally makes you expect poor sets and bad effects, I was pleasantly surprised. They absolutely nail the atmosphere.

Oh yeah, it's free! :yes:

Well the graphics aren't great but it looks like they've fixed the texture aliasing/shimmering, used to bug the crap out of me when playing Fallout 3 and Fallout:NV, used radeonpro to enable SSAA.

Well the graphics aren't great but it looks like they've fixed the texture aliasing/shimmering, used to bug the crap out of me when playing Fallout 3 and Fallout:NV, used radeonpro to enable SSAA.
What was that? I played a lot of Fallout 3 on a Radeon 4850 but don't recall this.

What was that? I played a lot of Fallout 3 on a Radeon 4850 but don't recall this.
I played on a 4850 than a 7850, I've google the issue and found similar complaints, might depend on how easily you notice texture aliasing and shimmering.

I played on a 4850 than a 7850, I've google the issue and found similar complaints, might depend on how easily you notice texture aliasing and shimmering.

SSAA helped, but I could still see it. Adjusting the texture LOD combined with SSAA seemed to pretty much eliminate the shimmering.

Bethesda have posted to Bethesda.net details of their Fallout 4 season pass:

f4-seasonpass-440.jpg

Downloadable Content

We've always done a lot of DLC for our games. We love making them and you always ask us for more. To reward our most loyal fans, this time we’ll be offering a Season Pass that will get you all of the Fallout 4 DLC we ever do for just $30. Since we’re still hard at work on the game, we don’t know what the actual DLC will be yet, but it will start coming early next year. Based on what we did for Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Skyrim, we know that it will be worth at least $40, and if we do more, you'll get it all with the Season Pass.

Thanks again to all of you! The support and excitement you’ve given Fallout 4 has blown us away. It’s energized us even more to do everything we can in these final months to make this our best game yet. We absolutely can't wait for you to play it, and share your adventures with us and each other.​

I almost never buy season passes but I'll probably get this one.

Pre order is also live now on the Psn .
Yeah saw that earlier. In the UK it's £54.99 and is described as a bundle but the store doesn't say what is bundled with the game - is it the season pass? If so, that's a good price deal!

Not that I'd balk at £54.99 for just the game given the hundreds of hours I've sunk into Fallout 3 and New Vegas. 62 days..

we don’t know what the actual DLC will be yet

Sometimes this industry can be quite funny. If you don't even know what you are going to release (they surely have an idea of the scope of the dlc) then don't announce it? Is it so bad to announce extra content after the full game is released?

Sometimes this industry can be quite funny. If you don't even know what you are going to release (they surely have an idea of the scope of the dlc) then don't announce it? Is it so bad to announce extra content after the full game is released?

They haven't announced the DLC they have only announced that there will be DLC - not that I think this was ever really in doubt given how well the expansion DLC packs for Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim did.

But it's a basic decision; Bethesda anticipate doing as much DLC for Fallout 4 as they did for their previous three RPGs and based on that track record, $30 could be a bargain. Of course if customers want to wait to see what the DLC is then don't get the season pass and just buy the DLC that appeals. Of course if it all appeals then you may be spending more money than you would have if you'd bought the season pass particularly if you get a pass bundled with the game which is usually cheaper than buying it separately.

Season Pass Economics 101. Crystal Ball not provided with course.

Don't trust Bethesda with pre-ordering any DLC since they ripped me off with the Fallout 3 DLC I bought being unplayable on the PS3.

That is also one rare industry, where without knowing what the product is...they already know exactly the price!

And to me...this is not(!) funny anymore.

Back