Fallout 4 [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

Digital Foundry: Fallout 4: Far Harbor update fixes PS4 performance
But its visuals take a hit.

Bethesda has announced that a solution is readily available, ahead of the patch's arrival. Simply deleting the expansion from your hard drive, and then downloading a newly updated build of Far harbor from the PSN servers is said to solve the problem. Our tests show this is very much the case, and the update gives PS4 a remarkable turnaround in frame-rates - though, perhaps inevitably, not without a drawback.

Far Harbour PS4 after re-downloading:

latest

Bravo,
Bethesda, bravo! :nope:

If that actually happened, I'd buy it! Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (infinitely greater than) Fallout 3, Vegas, and 4. :)

Regards,
SB

So, when does the ps4 get mods ?

Well I believe the XBO was originally supposed to get Mod Support in the Feb-early April timeframe and it didn't come out until June. PS4 was supposed to get it at the end of 2016, so who knows? Maybe start of 2017? It's Bethesda. Hopefully it at least works Heck PC was supposed to get it near the beginning of the year and didn't get it until April.

[edit] Just looked again and looks like PS4 schedule was actually pulled forward. Instead of end of 2016, it's now supposed to be the month after XBO gets it. So if all goes well then July.[/edit]

Regards,
SB

Last edited:

Anyone here on Xbox can tell what kindof performance one can get with this mod?
And it sucks that one needs to have Far Harbour for this -_- ....the season pass is just isn't exciting at all for this game for me.

Anyone here on Xbox can tell what kindof performance one can get with this mod?
And it sucks that one needs to have Far Harbour for this -_- ....the season pass is just isn't exciting at all for this game for me.

Far harbor and the Nuka cola land look like its worth the purchase price of the season pass.

I thought Far Harbour was merely okay. The lack of vibrancy made it a bit of a slog, and I didn't care that much for the story. The arrival of Blood and Wine add-on for the Witcher 3 didn't do it any favors either. Felt like a rather cheaply made cash grab by comparison. Nuka Cola land looks much cooler.

Really liking the look of Nuka World so far. Seems a lot more light-hearted and fun than the dreary Far Harbour. Bethesda's writers just aren't good enough to sell gravitas if you ask me. Heck, even if their writing came off as anything more than wooden and po-faced, their shambolic engine would probably ruin the moment each and every time. They're pretty good visual story tellers and world builders, though. And with a deft sense of humor, too. That guy who poses all the skeletons deserves a raise.

Really liking the look of Nuka World so far. Seems a lot more light-hearted and fun than the dreary Far Harbour.

Yes, you would expect more fun in a game set in a heavily irradiated post-apocalyptic world with no safety and almost no food and where you're as likely to be killed by mutant creatures, raiders or random explosives as being kidnapped, killed and replaced by an electronic doppelgänger, sinisterly orchestrated by an evil underground organisation.

Fun! ;-) I do like the idea of becoming a raider warlord though. I always thought it was a shame there was no broad raider faction. I would also liked to have a pop at being a bandit in Elder Scrolls.

Yes, you would expect more fun in a game set in a heavily irradiated post-apocalyptic world with no safety and almost no food and where you're as likely to be killed by mutant creatures, raiders or random explosives as being kidnapped, killed and replaced by an electronic doppelgänger, sinisterly orchestrated by an evil underground organisation.

Yes, that is indeed the setting. But FO is also a game in which every car is a massive nuclear catastrophe waiting to happen, where families have British robo nannies, where a giant robot marches around spouting one-liners about the dangers of communism, and where you watch slapsticky infomercials starring a little cartoon guy in a blue jumpsuit who's being ripped to pieces, or blown up, or combusted, or mutated, or ... . You can even pick a perk that does fuck all besides splattering your targets for no reason. (yes, in FO4 it's actually more viable, but in FO3 it was basically a wasted point in terms of gameplay) There's plenty of humor in FO, and I think the games (the Bethesda ones at least) are always at their best when they embrace that aspect. I really liked Fallout 4, but all the main story arcs were, at best, interesting on principle yet sorely lacking in terms of execution. Heck, even all the vault tec related stuff is so messed up it can only be described as humorous. Just rather darkly so.

There's plenty of humour but it's dark/black/sadistic humour. I don't think Fallout was ever intended be "lighted hearted" :nope: But humour is where you find it!

Maybe light-hearted was the wrong term. Anyways, Far Harbour fell rather short in terms of humor, and this looks more like the FO I like. FH was also a chore to navigate and looked incredibly dull.

Guys, I am playing the Far harbour DLC of Fallout 4 on the ps4 and the foggy sky is suddenly full of colour banding ! :( Anyone else has this issue? I cannot see this as a problem of my TV as other games do not have banding. or is it?
ANy ways to get rid of it?

So tried to see how better it turns on the pro and strangely even wtih overgrowth mod on and me throwing grenades out of assault rifle tons at a time, it is performing really well ! and draw distance seems to have been upped a lot too. I seriously surprised at the smoothness as Overgrowth adds a ton of trees everywhere.

Can aynone suggest good heavy weather mods? its difficult to find good visual mods in that ps4 menu.

Last edited:
Out of nowhere

FALLOUT 4 IS GOING NEXT-GEN

Prepare for the future: A next-gen update is coming to Fallout 4! Coming in 2023, this free update will be available for Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 and Windows PC systems, including performance mode features for high frame rates, quality features for 4K resolution gameplay, bug fixes and even bonus Creation Club content!

Back