Fallout 4 [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

It's not impossible to get right, though. You just have to be willing to stump or outright waste the player if he ventures where he probably shouldn't.

Fallout 4 already has that mechanic, i.e. specific ares where the enemies are bound to specific level ranges but it's weighted to the first 40 levels. I explored extensively from the outset you'll get massacred by supermutants in downtown Boston, by everything in the glowing sea in the South, and deathclaws are common North of Boston (NE of the map).

It's a very difficult problem to get right for the majority of players because people will expect, and want to approach, more powerful enemies in different ways. If you're level 10 and wander into a lvl 20-30 area full of deathclaws you will expect to be torn a new one. What about when you're level 40? Those areas, and most areas, become a cakewalk.

My first character clocked out at lvl 61 and I explored a fair bit more once I completed my story play through and found nothing that my Rifleman / Ninja / Sneak build could not kill in a one shot, two at most. How do you solve this problem? They tried no upper bounds for enemy scaling in Oblivion and it resulted in ludicrous high level bandits who were as dangerous as you - the hero of Kvatch. It's like you never get more powerful, you just change equipment.

The details emerging about the new survival mode do look very interesting though and I'm suspending my second play through until this mode is patched in. :yes:

So, I went back to an old save where I was level 28(found one by chance) and had not yet thrown off the Brotherhood. I upped the difficulty to Very Hard and guess what : Well the game doesn't seem any difficult but am finding Legendaries left right and Centre :oops: ! Now I feel so sad I didn't pay the whole game in Very Hard, I would have been swimming in all Legendary gear and weapons by now ! I just never knew I could change the difficulty any time, I always thought that due to loot systems I would have to restart the game for any change in difficulty !

The frequency of legendary items is tied to the difficulty setting.

The new survival mode, with the need to eat, drink, sleep, no fast travel, no quick saves and ammo weight sounds right up my alley so I'm waiting for that and will start over. I'm going railroad this time.

Ammo weight =absolute Bullshit ! -_-

As for legendaries, I knew drop rate was tied to difficulty I just didn't know Very Hard would be this easy. Maybe it's easy cos I am already level 28 in that save. If I knew I could change difficulty without starting a new game I would have done it long back.

Not that. The shooting in this game is not that precise that you can have a mechanic which asks you to be absolutely precise with each shot. This doesn't belong here, IMO.

I've found the shooting absolutely solid and precise. That's as somebody where my playthrough has concentrated mostly on ranged combat using non-automatic rifles weapons and where precision is key to make the first shot count because after that your sneak bonus is often blown. If I missed, it's because I missed - perhaps because I was going for a moving target, but if it's in my sight and my aim is true, it's a hit. Right where intended.

Previous Fallout games were bad having varying degrees of bullet spread - cartridge rounds, not just shot.

I dunno....my rifle shots miss like crazy even when aimed bang on, especially if near other objects. I don't think the hit boxes are that precise at all. I find it a hit or miss. When an open field with nothing around, then yea they hit.
But if use Vats, which I do a lot, then there is no way u can conserve ammo as the hit chance % is never 100% and shots go haywire and miss where manual shooting would have scored a perfect hit. That troubles me a lot as I use VATS a lot. Survival mode is anyways gonna be tense and I would be hitting L1 everywhere to check for enemies , the slowed time in VATS will be a life saviour too and imprecise shooting in VATs in a mode where ammo needs to be severely conserved.....nah ! I would rather they let me be careless in that , as the VATS system is bound to miss shots.

VATS is far less precise than lining up a shot yourself and firing. This has always been true, even in Fallout 3.

You really don't want to be trusting those maniacs at Vault-Tec with your valuable, heavy bullets!

Btw, now that the story is out of the way and I know it holds nothing, I am enjoying the game much much more by exploring places and finding cool stuff !
Found a hand canon which causes targets to burn ! Love it, even though I have to swtich to something heavy when it gets thick.
Also. Was so surprised to find the Railway Rifle at a hideout of some guy ! I though it could be had only by doing the railroad missions. That's how I had got it earlier in the other save.
And also, found newer better versions of all body armours, but the new ones are too heavy and am hardly able to carry anything now ...lol.

...aaaand......found an power armour lying locked behind a "expert" terminal. Nick couldn't open it and now I am dying to get it cos from the looks it looks like an X-1 armour :p !!!! Looks like I will have to do some story missions to level up quick to unlock the expert level perk for hacking terminals !

AUTOMATON DLC - COMING 22nd MARCH 2016

£7.99 or free with the season pass. Fallout 3's Mechanist returns.

Oh my! My own person SentryBot. :yes:

WASTELAND WORKSHOP DLC - COMING 12th APRIL 2016

Check out all the settlement improvements on offer in Fallout 4's Wasteland Workshop DLC, including traps, trophies and... is that a Deathclaw baiting ring?

Fallout 4 patch 1.05 is downloading on my PS4. This should bring a host of bug fixes and, more importantly, the new brutal survival mode. Yes!!!

Fallout 4 patch 1.05 is downloading on my PS4. This should bring a host of bug fixes and, more importantly, the new brutal survival mode. Yes!!!
Nope. No patch notes on PS4 which is weird but Bethesda's Twitter feed says it's just an "incremental update". Oh well...

The Survival mode is in the BEta stage over steam , so I guess its not that soon anyways.
Yes, and it's fairly well balanced already. The people complaining it's too hard should go play My Little Pony Island Adventure :yep2:

Just started playing (the base game), and I must say it's quite confusing.

I'm pretty glad I learned that you could skip Perks while I'm only level 3 because otherwise, I'd have been totally ticked off. The interaction between Special & Perk and the whole skill "tree" set up is just so completely different than games like Borderlands that are pretty much linear.

I already made the "mistake" of using my first skill point for getting to level 2 by attaching it to another SPECIAL. Which means I missed out on putting it towards a perk that would have probably been of much greater benefit since I still didn't have any (except the Barbarian free comic book one that doesn't show up in the perk tree).

Am I correct that the points in the Specials don't do anything on their own, they only allow you to later spend points to get a higher level perk?

Example: putting 10 points in Strength gives your character no extra abilities. It only allows you to put a skill point in Pain Train (or any of the previous 9 strength categories), correct?

Back