Fallout 3: Oblivion with guns and perfect review scores

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Frank, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Freak'n Big Panda

Regular

well the DLC is suppose to expand on that. But really tho the main quests should never be the primary focus of Bethesda games. I actually still haven't completed the main quest in f3 (I'm at the final battle). Never completed it in obliv despite sinking ~50 hours into the game, completed it in morrowind but only after completing fighters, thieves and mages guilds.

2. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

anyone having mouse issues? like unresponsive sometimes?

3. homerdog

homerdog donator of the year
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Yes. The two reasons I stopped playing well short of finishing the story:
    1) Mouse lag - I may have a hardware issue here...
    2) Level cap

4. KimB

Legend

If you want to remove the level cap:
    http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=121

Note that there are caveats. As a script compiler was not available at the time of release, there are problems with karma above level 20. The game will crash if you have negative karma upon reaching level 21, and you will be reset to "vault dweller" if you had positive karma. I presume these issues will be fixed in a future mod.

5. homerdog

homerdog donator of the year
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

I do not want to deal with these caveats. If a future mod does fix this I may jump back in. I was rather enjoying the game, perhaps a little too much since I hit level 20 without even putting a dent in the main quest or exploring more than half of the map :razz:

Is there a way to figure out what my current karma level is? Numerically? Obviously I could cheat my karma back up upon reaching 21 if I knew what it was other than "Saint" or "Lord and Protector of All Mankind" or some such.

6. Albuquerque

Albuquerque Red-headed step child
    Veteran

Is there a quest / hidden package pickup thing to do with the garden gnomes that I just haven't found yet? I've now encountered probably four of them, and I'm starting to wonder if I shoulda been picking them up...

I haven't found out how to get the power armor yet, but I've been doing a ton of random missions. I went to rivet city, found pinkerton, and now I'm on the "stealing independence" mission. Oh, and I've been selling pre-war books to the library which was originally funding my repair needs. Now that I've got some decent repair skills, I have a monster stack of bottlecaps and nothing to spend them on :D

7. KimB

Legend

Doesn't look like it:
    http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Garden_Gnome

I admit, though, I was wondering the exact same thing.

You get it during the main quest somewhere around halfway through. Note that you have to explicitly request power armor training when you get to that point.

8. John Reynolds

John Reynolds Ecce homo
    Veteran

You're a good bit past halfway when you get PBA training, I think. At least felt that way to me. Got my PBA, did a few more central storyline quests and it was over. Granted, those last few missions were longer than the previous ones, but blasting through a new area once you find it doesn't take that long.

9. Albuquerque

Veteran

Good to know on the power armor bit, but so far I've been doing quite well with my combat armor (with lots of spares for repairing of course) and the Terrible Shotgun and that Xinatau Assault Rifle (that's not the exact name, but it's the "upgrade" from the chinese assault rifle.)

I also love the Fat Boy; it works fantastically when you're about to get anally raped by the five super mutant brutes who just saw you and are running at you from the next block down... :D

10. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

what is the cheat for increasing the amount you can carry? i've seen 2 while googling, neither worked.

ie player.modat.carryweight # and player.setat.carryweight # (something like that)

11. Albuquerque

Veteran

Dunno, but I've finally hit the cap at 20 and I'm slightly depressed about it. I didn't even make it to 100 repair skill :( But my lockpick and science are there, along with small guns. I've also found quite a few bobbleheads while walking around, I think I'm up to seven or eight total.

Supermutants and supermutant brutes are no longer any sort of issue, but those deathclaw things completely eff me up :( And I still haven't found the power armor training yet, even though i did find some sort of prototype medic power armor along with an instruction manual on a dead body buried in the wasteland. I found it without being on any sort of mission for it, so I assume it will come into play at some later point in the game...

And while i have the armor (and have repaired to my max abilities using some outcast power armor as parts), even with the instruction book that came with it, I can't use it :( So I'm back on the trail of the main story line, I just wandered into Dr. Braun's craziness in the garage-vault. I'll probably continue on the main story until I figure out the power armor, and then I'll start wandering again.

Oh, and I need about 13 more Nuka Cola Quantums to get to 30 :) And I also find myself half-wanting to blow up Megaton, but I've already diffused the bomb :(

12. KimB

Legend

If you're good-aligned, you can always grab the level cap remover mod (I linked it not far back).

That's pretty fun :) Just reload the save that the game automatically makes just before you exit the vault at the beginning :)

13. Bludd

Bludd Experiencing A Significant Gravitas Shortfall
    Veteran

If you want to listen to Three Dog talking about your escapades on the radio and you are using the level cap remover mod, you can just set your level down to 19 or 20 or something and disable the mod. All your perks and skills you achieved while leveling past 20 are still there, but you'll get your title back (karma title).

In the console: player.setlevel

14. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend

What!?

Did you know the Fakwes is a 'she' and not a 'him'?

I could swear I saw a nutsack down there....

15. Bludd

Bludd Experiencing A Significant Gravitas Shortfall
    Veteran

Super Mutants are sexless, but Fawkes was a woman before being turned. You can check by cross-referencing the info on the cell computer with the info on the medical computer.

16. Albuquerque

Veteran

As much as I feel like a perv for saying it, I'm starting to want a "nude patch" or at least a convincing "underwear patch" for this game. Yeah yeah, I know they exist, and I have no specific desire to see everyone naked (or mostly so) per-se. However, when you steal someone's armor, they "convert" to that ridiculous t-shirt / boxer combo, even if you could see their skin before removing their armor.

It's just WAY out of place to have some chick in a shoulderless set of armor all the sudden get a T-shirt when you steal her armor to fix your own. But I can't bring myself to go sign up for a FO3 mod site just to download a nudie fix :p

At least, not yet...

17. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

ever notice how alot of the guys in their boxers appear to have boobs?

still waiting for a carry capacity cheat BTW. (i had to start over, i want to get back to L 16! with a little less hassle)

18. linthat22

Regular

Got this game last weekend and I'm rather pleased with it. It's a lot more interesting than Oblivion (which I'm playing too). I'm glad I went from the Witcher to this game. Good transition.

19. Albuquerque

Veteran

I think I've decided to just beat the main story line, and then start over again with a much different focus on perks and skills this time. If I had known that 20 was as far as you can go, then quite a few of my choices would have been different.

I will say this: grim reaper perk is FTMFW! It's absolutely perfect for close-quarters combat dealing with mercs, super mutes and ghouls in the various underground labrynths...

20. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend

Yeah the Grim Repear is the 'one', the holy perk. Been a life saver in some situations where enemies have had rocket launchers and grenades.