Fall 360 dashboard update details

how will it managa direct tivo capability? wouldnt the cable or whatever connection have to goto to the xbox first then to my box? or will it connect to the cable box and change do its own tuning?

how will it managa direct tivo capability? wouldnt the cable or whatever connection have to goto to the xbox first then to my box? or will it connect to the cable box and change do its own tuning?

IPTV Functionality - support for TiVo like PVR options. Will be able to record TV direct. Options include source by channel, director, actor and distributor

Stress "IPTV Functionality" and "TiVo like". This is just the vaulted IPTV functionality that likely works off wired network connection.

Personally, I'm thinking fake. But there are some interesting ones in the list. But there are also some head scratchers. I like the improved Live Arcade stuff as well as the Vision camera improvements. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Tommy McClain

Would you care to elaborate?
The xvid support is the only really questionable one to me. However I could see this being confused with changes to the various mpeg profiles that are supported, like last time.
They also wouldn't be flash games. :) I'd expect that's just a way of describing them.

However if they did add xvid support, I know a number of people who'd jump on one very quickly. (for all the wrong reasons, of course :()

Apart from Xvid support most of that list seems relatively within reason. Chatpad/IPTV/Messenger/Clan support functions have been expected.

Separate blade for XBLA sounds like a good idea, especially with the new Arcade branded SKU. Perhaps instead of putting their efforts towards developing retail games for the mass market MS will start pushing and effectively marketing XBLA as a viable platform for casual gamers.

Besides which, in my opinion XBLM has become slightly crowded in recent months, they need to streamline the service somewhat, especially since the game library is going to be a lot bigger come the end of 2007. I find the XBLM front page very crowded, with many of the links all leading to the same place.

(though for me Divx/xvid support and 16:10 resolution support would be super sweet)

Does Microsoft have a place like Sony where you can submit requests?

Major Nelson brings it up from time to time, and people can post what they would look forward to most. On the podcasts as well the issue comes up from time to time, and he seems to know what the current wave of opinion is on what people want from their dashboard updates (one I was listening too in the past few months had himself and e chatting about divx support on the 360, not that I'm implying it means its coming however, just that they know its one feature people want)

I can't read the link because that website is blocked here at work, but DirecTV/Microsoft did announce some sort of 360 connectivity back a couple E3s ago (or it may have been CES?). We haven't really seen anything regarding that, but it'd be nice :p

And oddly enough, I'd like better h264 support (i.e. all of the x264 content floating around the web) and mkv support moreso than xvid. Seems like xvid is on the way out.

If I could get HD over IPTV on my 360 that gave me Discovery, Food Network, and Fox, I would cancel my cable subscription in a heartbeat.

Yeah this smacks of a wish list to me.

Some of it will probably true though. I think the idea of instant-style flash games is definitly coming. But an arcade blade is surely fake imo. They cant keep adding blades.

Yeah this smacks of a wish list to me.

Some of it will probably true though. I think the idea of instant-style flash games is definitly coming. But an arcade blade is surely fake imo. They cant keep adding blades.

I was thinking the same thing. 1 unthemed blade is lame enough, 2 is pretty much unacceptable to me.

They could do well to streamline things a bit though.

yeah it's a wish list, that's what I said. It'll be interesting to see how much is just a complete guess and how much actually had proof behind it.

Back