Fable Legends PC exclusive to Windows 10 Store.

• Thread starter Deleted member 13524
  • Start date
Fine, won't buy it then. That is if A) I wanted to play a over hyped but not really that great series and B) install the royal mess called windows 10 to begin with.

On a more serious note, store exclusives are indeed a bad thing. For the same reason I don't buy EA and ubisoft games either (that and because they generally produce shit nobody should be paying)

Well I don't think you can buy DOTA anywhere else but steam - it's IAP are pretty tied to steam, as are it's trading cards etc. and Blizzard games from anywhere but BNET. I'm sure EA is going to start locking it down as well. GoG is pretty neutral, but overall, if you were to ask me, I don't see this as a bad thing. Hell, if MS is remotely successful at all, maybe that will force Valve to finally make HL3.

Last edited:
Fine, won't buy it then. That is if A) I wanted to play a over hyped but not really that great series and B) install the royal mess called windows 10 to begin with.

On a more serious note, store exclusives are indeed a bad thing. For the same reason I don't buy EA and ubisoft games either (that and because they generally produce shit nobody should be paying)
The game is free. It will make a profit off IAP.

And given the way the market is somewhat separated today on different clients on PC anyway - I'm confused as the need to be 100% everything needs to be on steam. I don't particularly love steam, it doesn't offer me anything more than the other clients do.

Last edited:
Free AAA game on their new free OS. They're going the way of Google definitely but subsiding everything through other means. Will we be able to buy Coke in the game to restore Mana or something?

The game is free. It will make a profit off IAP.

Fable Legends is free?? Sweet! I had no intention of getting it but count me in if it's free.

On the subject of exclusivity, I don't mind too much, afterall, you can link any game into your Steam client for a unified view. My only concern is having my games spread across so many platforms (Steam, GOG, Uplay, Origin, and now Microsoft store) I'm going to forget my passwords and lock myself out!

Anything that reduces the power of Valve is welcome in my opinion. Until they make Half-Life 3 I'll do my best not to support them in any way and I rather give my money to the actual devs and publishers of the game anyway.

Fable Legends is free?? Sweet! I had no intention of getting it but count me in if it's free.

On the subject of exclusivity, I don't mind too much, afterall, you can link any game into your Steam client for a unified view. My only concern is having my games spread across so many platforms (Steam, GOG, Uplay, Origin, and now Microsoft store) I'm going to forget my passwords and lock myself out!

Not only is it free but its free on both the xbox one and pc and its cross play. I'm in the beta (stress test Saturday and we get to keep silver !) I play it on my surface pro 1 and it works really well as the villain since your setting up spawns and traps and the touch screen is great on that. Then I switch over to my gaming pc when I'm playing as one of the heroes. I'm excited for playing this with my cousins since we can actually play it all in one house and it beats split game streaming !

I myself try to spread games out on platforms. For some reason a long time ago I got banned in half life 2 and now I can't play team fortress on their official servers and what not. Once that happened I will never put all my eggs in one basket again. I have games on origin , gog , steam and soon windows store.

For me this was expected and I don't see anything wrong with it, especially as their trying to promote and build up their store etc.
Think I would get funny looks if I walked into Asda and told them I couldn't find Tesco's branded bread on their shelves.

Back