Fabe 2 Fighting Demo - Leipzig

The endorphin technology is extremely impressive, as is this if they implement it into the game.

Whether or not that will happen is a pointless debate I have no interest in, you're extremely pessimistic, well good for you. We'll see when the game ships, until then, I appreciate their innovation to the genre and can see alot of potential in that type of interactivity.

So what are we looking at? A tech demo, a new IP?, something else?
For what it's worth, I enjoyed playing Fable on the PC, very fun for a western style rpg.

It looks like a tech demo to me. Most likely tech that is being developed for Fable 2. It's rather refreshing to see the systems underneath the pretty graphics... It shows that they are actually working on gameplay elements rather than just making it pretty.

MoH

This is *NOT* Fable 2. Molyneux clearly indicated that during his presentation multiple times.

I have to re-emphasize this as I was there too. This has absolutely NOTHING (i think the correct term is "shit all") to do with Fable 2, I think mr. M pointed that out like five times during his presentation. And he also stated over and over again that most the stuff in his presentation would never ever be seen in actual games.

So this thread might just as well be locked, as the whole idea of his presentation was to give a "what if..." insight on the whole combat thing in contemporary games.

So what are we looking at? A tech demo, a new IP?, something else?
You're looking at example combat that games should allow, according to Molyneux's wishes. It's not a tech demo. It's not a new IP. And Molyneux stated multiple times that his presentation was not about Fable 2.

You're looking at example combat that games should allow, according to Molyneux's wishes. It's not a tech demo. It's not a new IP. And Molyneux stated multiple times that his presentation was not about Fable 2.

So basically this is just a "this is what we want to happen" type deal? I'm kinda confused. If I had the resources, I could do a "this is what I want to happen" type presentation every week. :LOL:

So basically this is just a "this is what we want to happen" type deal? I'm kinda confused. If I had the resources, I could do a "this is what I want to happen" type presentation every week. :LOL:

No, no and no. It wasn't what they WANT to happen, it's something Molyneux said his team was fiddling with. I really wish people would stop taking things like this like they're the hidden 11th commandment or something, it's merely meant to be a sort of an eye-opener. Just to give you a different perspective on things etc.

No, no and no. It wasn't what they WANT to happen, it's something Molyneux said his team was fiddling with. I really wish people would stop taking things like this like they're the hidden 11th commandment or something, it's merely meant to be a sort of an eye-opener. Just to give you a different perspective on things etc.

Heh

I do like to see experiments. Back to the days when developes could go to E3 and show this type of thing and not hear -- "teh Graphics are teh suck!"

;)

MoH

I think this is pretty neat. Kind of sad that it probably won't make it into Fable 2 (unscripted) -- or I'll believe it when I see it, how's that? ;) but it looks good. and thx to scoob for posting it. I can't blame him for thinking of it as Fable 2 related since the gamevideos.com title reads "Leipzig: Fable 2 Fighting Demo". ;) but yeah, color me in the impressed-but-not-convinced category. :cool:

When you invent a genre in the video game arena, you can criticize. Until then:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Molyneux

Kids these days have no respect for their elders. ;)

Joking aside, these sort of stuff can definitely add a new element to RPG genre. I can imagine a character will "Wisdom/Intelligent" stat will affect the way it uses the environment more effectively. Thus letting the players focus on navigating the character through the story. A character that doesn't effectively utilized the environment, mean the player will have to work harder to get the same result.

Back